Port Canaveral

crz4evr

I know this has been posted, but I'm clueless about the search feature. I'll try to keep looking, but if any one has any info on flying into MCO and renting a car, dropping off at the port the morning of the cruise I'd appreciate it. We were going to drive, but I just found a great price on a flight so now we may change our plans. Who has rental drop offs close to the port?

TIA for any help!!

Here's a thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=406311&highlight=wraithe.

FWIW, I used Budget back in April, very inexpensive, and easy. The airport took a little while to get my car, but the drive to P'Can was very easy, having a car was very convenient, and there are no one way penalties in Florida. The Budget office in P'Can is CC5, they have very friendly, helpful people there, and they are open 7 days/week, not all of the rental companies in Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach are.

Just went thru the old threads and found the one that talks about Budget and Avis as rental companies, but when I go to their websites (which I had already done) there is no mention of a location in PC - is there another name I should be looking for?? Maybe I should just call....

Is it fairly easy to get a rental car the day of debarkation - obviously it would be reserved ahead....

We've done this in Miami and FLL several times - I'm just a little nervous about somewhere we have NOT been.

We were very satisfied with Budget. We picked up the car at the airport (some companies shuttle you to their office on the outskirts of the airport, which is less convenience and eats up some time). The drive took about 45 minutes down one main toll-road, and couldn't have been easier. The Budget office is about 2 miles south of the pier, and they offer a free shuttle.

If you check out their website to get prices online, the code for the office near the port is CC5 (the address is Cape Canaveral, not Port Canaveral).

The reverse process on the way home was just as easy. One caveat, which is true of all rental shuttles: when you disembark the ship, the porters will cart your luggage to the area where you wait for the shuttle. There is no organized line, it is more of a waiting area. Those who get there last have their luggage dropped off in front of those who have been waiting there. Then when the shuttle comes, it's a little confusing as to who is actually next on line, and a lot of late comers try to board the shuttle right away because they are the closest to it.

Just went thru the old threads and found the one that talks about Budget and Avis as rental companies, but when I go to their websites (which I had already done) there is no mention of a location in PC - is there another name I should be looking for?? Maybe I should just call....

That is because the rental offices are in Cocoa Beach ...

Doubletree.jpg

Okay, this was the map I used for the hotel. But the rental offices are between the hotel and the port - in Cocoa Beach. Avis, Budget, Hertz & Thrifty all have rental locations at the airport and in Cocoa Beach (all the rental location are within two miles of each other). I rented from Avis. Avis has a free shuttle between the rental office and the port. I was very happy with the service from Avis.

I wasn't sure where else to post this. Last time we sailed out of Port Canaveral (last March/April) I noticed a sign saying that you didn't need to (shouldn't) tip the porters. It's been a while, but I think it was something about them being union/port employees, can't remember.

My question, would you trust this, hand them your luggage and hope to get it sometime that same week??

I wasn't sure where else to post this. Last time we sailed out of Port Canaveral (last March/April) I noticed a sign saying that you didn't need to (shouldn't) tip the porters. It's been a while, but I think it was something about them being union/port employees, can't remember.

My question, would you trust this, hand them your luggage and hope to get it sometime that same week??

Several ports have that sign.

Do you buy travel insurance when you cruise? I do.

I tip the porters for the same reason. :)

As Wraithe suggested..the Budget Rental Facility in Cape Canaveral is CC5.

The address is 8401 ASTRONAUT BLVD. CAPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920

There is an AVIS in CapeCanaveral as well ( P3F ) the address is

6650 N Atlantic Ave, Cape Canaveral, FL

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Slam!! Good to see you again, I see that you're back on the Mariner in March 07. Lisa and I are headed down to FLL to the Radiance March 17, 07. Got to see what all they hype is about the Radiance class ships. Can't wait to get down there or get out there on that ship. Hope you folks are okay. Sorry to everyone about the off topic post.

PS, I'd have to agree with you and with Merrion_Mom, I'd tip just to help make sure that I got my stuff. It's a couple bucks, good insurance.

As Wraithe suggested..the Budget Rental Facility in Cape Canaveral is CC5.

The address is 8401 ASTRONAUT BLVD. CAPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920

There is an AVIS in CapeCanaveral as well ( P3F ) the address is

6650 N Atlantic Ave, Cape Canaveral, FL

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well this is kind of cool, and a perfect example of why I set up the cruise map pages!

If you go to my Port Canaveral map, then click on the marker for the port itself, in the bubble that pops up, you will see a "From here" link. Click on that, then copy and paste the whole address line that Radio has provided. A new Google map will open up showing you exactly how to get to the rental office! :D (I can be such a geek sometimes!) No comments... :)

(Oddly enough, it looks like the Avis address is not in Google's database. 6651 or 6649 both work, however they would be on the other side of the road.)

Theron

(Oddly enough, it looks like the Avis address is not in Google's database. 6651 or 6649 both work, however they would be on the other side of the road.)

Theron

When I was there in April & May of this year the Avis office was on this side of the road. Have they moved to the other side of the road?

event.png

I RECCOMEND U GET A CAR AT BUDGET I JUST CAME OFF THE SOVERIGN THERE AT PORT CANAVERAL. AT MCO ITS ABOU 1 HOUR OR MORE BUT I FLEW IN A DAY EARLIER I DONT LIKE TRAVELEING EARLY THEN RUSHING TO THE PORT. IN ORLAND I STAYED IN THE EMBASSY SUITES OVERNIGHT THEN WHEN TO THE PORT. HOPE THIS HELPS.HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!!! P.S BUDGET IS ABOUT 6 MINS AWAY FROM P.CAN THEY OFFER A FREE SHUTTLE TO AND FROM THE PORT.TO THE OFFICE.

RCCL SOVERIGN

CCL ECSTASY

RCCL RAPHSODY

CCL ELATION

BIG RED BOAT

Archived