Numbers of solo's on Carnival?

Lothiel

My first solo cruise, or cruise for that matter, is coming up in a week. I'm curious, how many solos are usually found on a Carnival cruise? I'm on the Thanksgiving Carnival Imagination cruise. I guess the nerves are starting to act up.

• 1 month later...
Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

I believe Carnival attracts the largest number of solo cruisers b/c of the lower single supplement. Also, most solos want a more active ships since they are alone and the constant planned activities helps with the socialization. IMHO, most solo cruisers are social butterflies that do not need a group or team in order to have a good time and tend to make friends easily.

The shorter the cruise the more solo cruisers you find (short cruises also attract the younger solo cruisers). Most 7 night cruises also have a decent number of solos. Anything over 7 nights there are going to be significantly less solos aboard.

Carnival also puts the solos together in the dining room which is a great idea. I usual end up "hanging out" with one or more of my tablemates throughout the cruise.

Archived