Looking for beach access hotel in Miami?

leonardjan

Hi,

We are sailing out of Miami in March and would like to book a nice hotel for our family (2 boys, 9 and 12) that is close to the beach or has beach access, and a pool. We were thinking maybe South Beach? Also restaurants or food in the hotel or close by?

We don't know the area and I was hoping someone could offer some starting points! Thanks, cruisers!

J Lo

My first choice is Loews on Collins Avenue. This is the north end of South Beach. It has everything you are looking for, great pool area, right on the beach, lots of shopping and dining within 2 blocks. Be prepared to pay though. This is an expensive property to begin with and March is absolute high season.

Does anyone know if we can swim in the ocean in March, or will it be too cold?

J Lo

Some of my favorites are The Loews, The Ritz Carlton, The Shore Club...but all are very expensive.

You can definately swim in the ocan in March....people go to the beach here in January and February. But around March the water starts to warm it a bit.

The Hotel Continental at 1825 Collins Ave. Miami Beach 33139. My husband stayed there very recently while attending a very large meeting at the nearby convention center.

The security lock on his door was broken. He had to pile up furniture and suitcases against the door in order to try to sleep at night. The hotel staff refused several requests to make repairs.

The hotel does NOT provide an alarm clock and water glasses. His room smelled stale and there were few towels.

There is no hotel restaurant.

On check out the hotel staff refused to honor the price stated on the printed confirmation he had for his room and multi-day stay. We are trying to get this resolved via his credit card company.

Yes, it has beach access and is close to fine hotels, but this is the wrong place to stay.

Archived