Capt. Zodiac on Kuai

maddmaxx

Still working on creating the perfect POH experience with a little more than two weeks to go... curious to know if any of you fine folks have done the Capt. Zodiac ride while in Kauai? Think Capt. Sundown runs that trip. My wife unfortunately read a review that, in a few words, suggested the ride was not for the faint hearted... fast, rough, and you havet o hang on for your life to a rope wearing leather gloves lest you be cast overboard never to be seen or heard from again. I think the writer of said review took a bit of poetic license with is post but then again, if he's right, I don't want to agitate the "ball and chain" like I did when I told her the hike to the bottom of a volcano last year was a piece of cake. (Told her there was an elevator to take her out of the bottom of the cauldera after the hike... there wasn't and I still hear about that one.) Needless to say she doesn't totally trust me when I tell her "no worries" about the raft ride. Anyone done it who can advise if this is a trip for the less adventerous? By all accounts this is the only ride that makes a beach landing on those beautiful Na Pali beaches. Thanks!

Archived