table for two

fanofseas

The wife and I are going on the victory on 10-10-04 for a late 10th anniversary gift to each other and we were wanting to get a table for two for the duration of the cruise. how hard is it to get one?:confused:

• 2 months later...
When you get on the ship, before you even go to your cabin, go to the main dining room (ask) and talk to the matre-de. Ask for a table for two at the time you want. We have been doing this and we have never failed to get a table for two.

• 4 weeks later...
We took an anniversary cruise on Royal Caribbean's Brilliance of the Seas in 2002 and requested a table for four - two couples each celebrating anniversaries. Were told by the TA it would be no problem. We wrote to the cruise line and were told that they couldn't guarantee this but to check with the Mait're d on board. We were stuck at a table for 12. Never able to change. Very unhappy. In fact, won't again go on a Royal Caribbean trip. Hope you have better luck than we did. Can you imagine requesting a table for 4 and getting placed at the largest table available - for 12? We were not happy.

I definitely would not buy anything where some aspect that would determine whether I'd be satisfied or not could not be guaranteed. Cruising, in general, seems to have many aspects that cannot be guaranteed -- even the ports aren't. I consider it more of an "adventure" than going to a land-based resort, and count only on having a good time, rather than counting on any specific aspect.

Archived