Many cruises... never on Carnival

TXHappyCruiser

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
We also have cruised HAL, Costa, RCI, Celebrity, Princess and some others early on, and always stayed away from Carnival. However a great deal came up on the Carnival Spirit and we were pleasantly surprised how nice everything was. Since then we have sailed the Miracle and the Spirit again. We just got off the Glory last week and were kind of disappointed, but still had a nice time. Carnival has really upgraded their beds and pillows and are the best so far. and the rooms are much larger, the shows were fabulous!

I am thinking about the Glory in the near future. What didn't you like? Or, what did you find disappointing?:confused:

Ive done Princess NCL and Carnival....

Princess was a little....hmmmmmmm I dont know "stuffy" the pax didnt leave there "coats at the door" kinda thing....service AMAZING.....the closets in the balcony rooms.....SO BITCHEN.....I could actually feel free to be nakid while dressing and didnt worry about my modesty for my roomates sake. The officers are actually permited to go and party with the guests....I donno but something about white just does it for me! :cool:

NCL....TOTALLY in my alley.....lobster was better than Carnival.....service....just fine...sheesh dont need anyone to be there to wipe my butt! The dance club.......SO AMAZINGLY THE BEST....IF YOU LIKE TO DANCE TO DANCE 70'S TRULY FUN......I kept going to the DJ play this play that....he finally said write all your pix down....if you continue to dance I will play it all.....I did...( I guess I was on fire that night )..and had the best time ever dancing my @ss off the whole 6 nights cuz he remembered me and kept my favs in mind.....I did try to tip him but he REFUSED!

Carnival.....the best! Service TOTALLY FINE......if you get friends with your cabin steward your "IN".....mine have seemed to know more than I thought they should know at times....but whatever....I suppose word gets out on certain matters....not to mention those darn cameras.....but I have loved all.....and have been totally thrown when I needed something Id open my door just in case he was around......he was there close by....crazy.....plus its nice to be greeted in the morning while leaving and coming back from a port and leaving for dinner....the best....I guess Im a sucker for attention.....My only complaint....the dance clubs....THEY DO NOT PLAY DECENT MUSIC! They play all the silly stupid hip hop crap.....NO DISCO WHAT SO EVER.....NOT A BEEGEE SONG OR THE LIKE TO BE HAD....(btw AC/DC is so NOT a dance band).....they definately cannot be bribed to play a song or two as I have tried....and to be frank the clubs are literally DEAD! There is ALWAYS A SEAT IN THE HOUSE......somethin aint right if you can always get a seat......Well that is my only complaint....Club Hollywood (triumph) and Club whatever (glory) just cant cut it.....

Suzin GET ON THAT ONE will ya! HA ha HE he HU hu! We want Disco at the disco!

Carnival is so my style....people are much more relaxed and not as stuffy.....so easy to strike up convos all over the place....people just so leave there "coats at the door"....my goal.....when I am forty Im gonna be in that special room and be one of the first on the ship....my room will be one of the best and waiting for me to drop my stuff, and Ill have the best seat on lido! My biggest worry what ship will I be on......interesting thought!

Im done....sorry long babble....Ill probably lose this one....keeping fingers crossed.......

I guess the only Hip Hop in the dance club surprises me. How many times have you been at a Wedding or such and the dance floor clears when the hip hop starts, but play some 70's or 80's music and it's is packed?

Oh well, I can give up dancing for the week.:p

Thanks for all of the answers. I think I'll tell mt TA just to book it. I am sure we will have a great time.

Now if I could only transfer my Platinum status to Carnival....

Lori

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
I guess the only Hip Hop in the dance club surprises me. How many times have you been at a Wedding or such and the dance floor clears when the hip hop starts, but play some 70's or 80's music and it's is packed?

Oh well, I can give up dancing for the week.:p

Thanks for all of the answers. I think I'll tell mt TA just to book it. I am sure we will have a great time.

Now if I could only transfer my Platinum status to Carnival....

Lori

I have found that the Carnival clubs plays music based on the crowd. If the crowd is 35's/40+ you get more 70's music. If the crowd is 20's-30's, you get hip/hop. However, most nites there is a little 70's earlier in the evening (b4 Midnight) and then they move to a more hip/hop sound. I love it. I do not much care for hip/hop or rap in the real world but . . . Hey, I am on a cruise so I will get out on that dance floor with the youngin's and their music and show them my best 20 year old dance steps.:eek: (They still work!!) All of us from the disco era know the youngin's today don't know nuthin' about how to party!!!!!:p I tend to shut the club down most nights. I am 48 years young!!!!!!

I am a little young for the Disco era (37), but I do remember roller skating on Friday nights to the Bee Gees.:rolleyes:

I am a true 80's girl forever. I will get out and dance with the best of them. I actually don't mind Hip Hop, but can't seem to get into the whole "bootie" grinding thing that passes for dancing right now. :eek: I like my "bootie" grinding in private. (Did I just say that???)

Lori

This is a great post. I too have been on many of the other listed ships. But we cannot cruise as we normally do in November, so we must find one in August. Hoping it is not to hot this time of the year 8/11/07?

And also looking into the glory? Cruising with 2 boys 13 & 15. Any other input.

Thanks so much

My family has taken several vacations to Mexico in August. It will be hot... very hot. I don't know where the Glory sails to, but you can check weather.com to get average temperatures for different places and times. This will get you a good idea of what to expect.

August cruises will still have a lot of kids, but since yours is a family vacation this shouldn't be a huge issue for you.

Have fun!!!

Lori

Seems like everyone has a different opinion, that's why they are called opinions. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I just recently got off the Carnival Spirit, my second cruise. My first was on Princess Saphire. I will not sail Carnival again. I had a great time, but it was due to the people I was with and the others on the ship. Not the crew, the srervice, or the food. See my review. http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=22756

Archived