Explorer of the Seas Southern Caribbean

slyfox0113

We are booked on RCCL for Southern Caribbean 12 days. This is our 5th cruise but 1st with RCCL. Any shouldn't miss excursions? Shopping in St Maarten better than St Thomas for jewelry? How are cabins ,we have deluxe oceanview with balcony.

we love Explorer...i have a link to pics below.

we were in the same type of cabin.......it was smaller than the JS we were used to but workable. we missed not having a tub.

there's enough room if you plan wisely.

st maarten was really nice. i though the deals were better...i am a big looker, not a big buyer. (hey i work in retail!)

don't miss the guavaberry place. YUM!

liquor is about the same.

we did a ship tour in st. maarten...just a small bus to both sides of the island. our driver was daniel...he was great. LISTEN to him...he will tell you EVERYTHING. he will answer questions, but please wait til the end. he really tells you everything!

it's a great ship.....you will love it...let me know if you have any more questions.....

The Explorer is a fantastic ship! You will not have a hard time finding something to do, unless you don't want anything to do then relaxing in the Solarium is a great place to go. Make sure to check out Johnny Rockets. IMO they have some of the best cheeseburgers I've ever had.

St. Thomas and St. Maarten are very comparible when it comes to shopping. I prefer St. Thomas for my alcohol purchases and St. Maarten for my jewelry/watch purchases. Make sure you hit both shopping districts though, there are definitely alot of options on both islands.

Here are a few photos of the Explorer - Explorer of the Seas

Archived