Pt Everglades Parking Garage-Ever Found It Full?

FinelyRetired

Hoping to park at Pt Everglades Parking Garage on 12/09/06. A Saturday sail (HAL) with 7 cruise ships in port. Seems to be first come, first serve. Would prefer the covered parking to Park N Fly which is uncovered, but cheaper & takes reservations.

Ever driven to this Port and found the parking garage full?:( Any advice is appreciated.

Sun Catcher in RI-Marty

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I never got a reply to this post. Is that good news? Trip is next week.

I really would like to know that too. So the garage at Port Everglades does not take reservation? I heard there would be a long wait to get back to your car by catching those shuttles (when u park at parknfly)

lemmonnie:

Yes, it appears we have many of the same questions......no answers yet. But, I'm sure we'll get them.

My concern is that with 7 ships in port, we arrive from West Coast and we are then unable to find a spot. I've found no reports, even on their website re: reservations. Seems to be first come, first serve. We would prefer the add'l $$ for COVERED parking in the garage. I'm guessing "turnover" time would be around 11am?

Park n' Fly seems to allow a "reservation" as a back-up with no penalty if cancelled. But, that info I got last summer and plan to verify tonight. Do you know if still true?

We seem to share the same concerns......

I'm hopeful that we will get some responses tonight or tomorrow. People on these boards seem to want to share expertise/advice.

Marty

PARKING AT PORT EVERGLADES

Parking is available for $10.00 per day (rate subject to change by the Port Authority). The parking decks are Security-patrolled and illuminated and parking spaces for RV's are available. No advance reservations required. Parking Spaces for RVs available.

Northport Parking Garage

The 2,500-space Northport Parking Garage sits between the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center and all Northport cruise terminals including Cruise Terminals #1, 2 & 4. Easiest way to access this garage is turning south on Eisenhower Blvd. from 17th Street Causeway or coming all the way east on State Road 84, entering the port and turning left at Eisenhower Blvd. If taking I-595 East straight into the port, follow signs for Terminals #1, 2 & 4 and/or the Convention Center.

Midport Parking Garage

The 2000-space Midport Parking Garage is within easy walking distance of Midport cruise terminals. Easiest access is taking I-595 east straight into the port, continuing to head east to the garage on the left side of the street. Midport Garage services Cruise Terminals #18, 19, 21, 22/24, 25, 26, 27 and 29.

I found this on the internet.

Thanks cusyl & bequia!!

I'm much more comfortable and appreciate your replies.

Can I assume there is a passing thru "drop off" point first to unload 1/2 of a couple and the bags to give to stevedores, while the "driver" moves on to forage for a space in the garage and then make their way back to the terminal to board?

Thanks, again. Marty

Can I assume there is a passing thru "drop off" point first to unload 1/2 of a couple and the bags to give to stevedores, while the "driver" moves on to forage for a space in the garage and then make their way back to the terminal to board?

Marty, your assumption is correct. Have a great vacation.

Archived