Just off the Radiance yesterday! Any questions??

ckrobyn

Hi...I am soo glad you all had a great time.

Wife and I (I am a w/c user) are taking our first ever cruise on the Rhapsody 12/3..

Did you happpen to notice at the main outside pool if they have a "pool lift" for us by persons who are handicapped?

Hi Cruisin on Wheels - YES! They have a pool lift :) I noticed it on the first day (it's red).

One of the ladies in our group used a wheelchair at various points during the cruise (uses a cane mostly) and the crew went above and beyond to assist her.

I just saw you will be sailing on Rhapsody - I can only comment on the Radiance.....maybe someone out there can tell us about the chair lift for sure on the Rhapsody??

My girlfriend and I were also on this cruise... We had a wonderful time... The ship was very clean, the food very good, the service was excellent, and the staff was very friendly and helpful... Anyone can find something wrong if they look long and hard enough... We will definitely cruise on the Radiance again !

http://community.webshots.com/album/555545622GRoFeX?start=0

Thanks for your pictures Mr. Breeze. Looks like you had a great time. Which tubing trip and did you book with RCCL or online? Thanks again, Kathy

Okay - I think I finally have my land legs back.....:rolleyes:

I had no "motion" issues after my cruise on the AOS - not sure why it's happening now??? The seas were so calm as well.....

In any case, I will start my review in the morning....stay tuned!

ckrobyn - excellent photos! They really make you feel like the vacation is almost here. I cant get enough of the pics and reviews.

Thank you so much,

Kathy

P.S. your gala buffet pics were splendid. you must have gotten them before the vultures got in :-)

Hi Kjudge...

Glad you enjoyed the photos... We booked the tubing trip the day before on board the ship through RCCL... We docked in Mo Bay and had a really fun time tubing... I think they offer tubing trips out of Ocho Rios and Mo Bay on two different rivers...Our guides were a riot and alot of fun... If you go, be prepared to get wet and enjoy.

Rusty

Hi Kjudge...

Glad you enjoyed the photos... We booked the tubing trip the day before on board the ship through RCCL... We docked in Mo Bay and had a really fun time tubing... I think they offer tubing trips out of Ocho Rios and Mo Bay on two different rivers...Our guides were a riot and alot of fun... If you go, be prepared to get wet and enjoy.

Rusty

Booked on this same cruise leaving Sunday! How long with this tubing excursion? We're booked for that as well....

Hi flyastrojets...

Actual time tubing on the river was about 1 1/2 hours... We were picked up on the pier at 11:30 and dropped off at the terminal at 3:30... Take a waterproof camera if planning to take pictures while on the river... Have a great time, and tell those crazy guides we said hello.

ckrobyn - excellent photos! They really make you feel like the vacation is almost here. I cant get enough of the pics and reviews.

Thank you so much,

Kathy

P.S. your gala buffet pics were splendid. you must have gotten them before the vultures got in :-)

Actually those pics were from the "viewing" so no-one had touched any of the scrumptious food! Had I taken another picture an hour later, the pics would have been much different!! Funny thing was, we were the first in line to actually "eat" the buffet - first time I tried the Gala Buffet on any of my cruises - delicious to say the least :o

Have a wonderful cruise on a great ship! :)

Actually those pics were from the "viewing" so no-one had touched any of the scrumptious food! Had I taken another picture an hour later, the pics would have been much different!! Funny thing was, we were the first in line to actually "eat" the buffet - first time I tried the Gala Buffet on any of my cruises - delicious to say the least :o

Have a wonderful cruise on a great ship! :)

Robyn, next week is wide open......after that life gets a little busy, but an early Christmas lunch would still be a possibility.

Fran

Hi flyastrojets...

Actual time tubing on the river was about 1 1/2 hours... We were picked up on the pier at 11:30 and dropped off at the terminal at 3:30... Take a waterproof camera if planning to take pictures while on the river... Have a great time, and tell those crazy guides we said hello.

Hi again. Sorry for all the questions.... were these the kind of tubes that you are going to find yourself frequently falling off of? My reason for sounding so persnickity about this is that I'm diabetic and wear an insulin pump, and while it is water resistant, and I have a pretty good system of keeping it dry, I may just leave it on the ship as I can go on shots for the few hours I'll be on the excursion if I'm very likely to wind up swimming for most of this excursion. :D Just curious. And thanks for putting up with my inquisitive mind.

The tubes are quite large with handles on the sides and you sit very low inside the tube... If you happen to go swimming it's because you've jumped out of the tube, not because of the rapids, which are VERY tame... Have fun.

The tubes are quite large with handles on the sides and you sit very low inside the tube... If you happen to go swimming it's because you've jumped out of the tube, not because of the rapids, which are VERY tame... Have fun.

Excellent! And thank you for putting up with my questions. I'm JAZZED! Flight to FLL is tomorrow at 7:30AM. For some reason, getting up for early flights to a cruise is never a big problem in this house!

Excellent! And thank you for putting up with my questions. I'm JAZZED! Flight to FLL is tomorrow at 7:30AM. For some reason, getting up for early flights to a cruise is never a big problem in this house!

Have a GREAT cruise....I'm not too jealous :rolleyes: LOL

Archived