Pre Cruise Fashion Meltdown

Cruise Arizona

I have to admit that I have just been through a pre-cruise meltdown.

I had a bad haircut. I'm not sure what the lady did, but I was a wreck for two days and them my guy the manager was there to fix the multiple screw ups with the hair cut. My DIY Color looks great, and even better with the corrected, but a little shorter than I like, haircut.

Today I was working on the Tuxes for the men in my life. I washeed shirts and wiped off a few spots on the jackets and pants.

I 've also got the suitcases out, and as I do laundry this weeks I'm starting to put the good suft in the suitcases. I have one case reserved for talent show and 50's costumes, and there is a chance It might get cut??? We'll see.

I need this cruise big time, I have been so stressed over nothing???

I had a bad haircut. I'm not sure what the lady did, but I was a wreck for two days and them my guy the manager was there to fix the multiple screw ups with the hair cut. My DIY Color looks great, and even better with the corrected, but a little shorter than I like, haircut.

Today I was working on the Tuxes for the men in my life. I washeed shirts and wiped off a few spots on the jackets and pants.

I 've also got the suitcases out, and as I do laundry this weeks I'm starting to put the good suft in the suitcases. I have one case reserved for talent show and 50's costumes, and there is a chance It might get cut??? We'll see.

You and me sister! I have packed and re-pacaked so many times my brand new suitcases are showing wear and tear!

What you are experiencing is pre travel anxiety and it is very common. Have you had the packing dreams yet? Where you are either naked in front of your closet and can't get your clothes packed or you cannot get your luggage to the ship?

It's okay, everyone goes through this.:)

1. Take a deep breath and try to relax. :)

2. Make and keep a checklist for packing

3. Don't worry about the hair, a little shorter in the heat is not such a bad thing.

4. Just visualize yourself poolside in that chaise lounge with your first frozen fruity concoction. :D

5. Have a fantastic voyage and wonderful holiday with your family. :)

What you are experiencing is pre travel anxiety and it is very common. Have you had the packing dreams yet? Where you are either naked in front of your closet and can't get your clothes packed or you cannot get your luggage to the ship?

It's okay, everyone goes through this.:)

I'm so glad I haven't experienced this dream yet! Lists help me from stressing. In everyday life, I'm not a list maker, but when it comes to vacations, especially cruises, out comes the excel spreadsheets!!!

I love to pack; I think it appeals to the enjoyment I get from organizing. I start two weeks before, making sure buttons are fine, zippers work, hems ar in good shape, etc. Then I make my runs to the cleaners, shoe makers, etc.

The week before travelling, I lay out my packing cubes and start making piles, based on my clothing selections. And on the final night, I put everything together.

I am sure it's odd, but I find packing fun:).

I don't think it's odd, but I think it does directly relate to our personalities and our comfort zones. As someone who doesn't travel nearly as often as I'd like, I'm afraid I don't have packing down to a science. Those of you who are organizers by nature and could pack in your sleep - I admire you!

I havan't had the dream that I forgot something...yet??? I have 6 more nights to go.

I did have a dream that I was driving along the street in Atlanta near where I used to live, and then got out and decided to walk to meet friends at my old elementary school, and the more I walked the heavier and heavier my back pack got, and soon I was walking with all my strength but not getting anywhere??? How weird is that.

We are driving to the cruise, and maybe I'm worried about packing too much or not being able to pack every thing I need.

The good news is that we have booked a Family Ocean View cabin. It has a bit more room at 224 sq ft, than the 170 in our previous balcony cabin. So I'm hoping that I'll be able to fit all our stuff in the room with-out tripping over it all the time.

The hair thing really set me off, (You know me and my cheap haircuts) but It was the same lady who cut my hair last time and she did a great job then, so I don't know what happened.

The good news is that even though I'm not at my super skinny weight, I don't have to stress about all my formal fitting. The green sequin one is stretchy, the gold one fits at this weight no problem, and the pink sequin one has been replaces with my new long tuqoise greek-goddes style dress.

DD is all set with her three informals and three formals. She has one new formal, and the informals I bouth on sale last spring, so they are perfect for the tropical weather in Mexico.

One of my only worries now is that DH is a few pounds heavier than when we bought his tux last year, but the waist is adjustable, and he just might not be able to button the jacket, but it shouldn't be a problem. His vests are really beautiful, and they are the the kid that are complete vests and not just the front of the vest like DS's.

So hopefully this week will got smoothly, and I'll be setting on board the Merc this time next week ready to relax.

I havan't had the dream that I forgot something...yet??? I have 6 more nights to go.

I did have a dream that I was driving along the street in Atlanta near where I used to live, and then got out and decided to walk to meet friends at my old elementary school, and the more I walked the heavier and heavier my back pack got, and soon I was walking with all my strength but not getting anywhere??? How weird is that.

Yes, that is the dream but it just took on a different form!

FWIW, one of my hobbies is interpreting dreams.

I am sure it's odd, but I find packing fun:)

Yes, you are a freak of nature!

LOL! Just kidding!

I don't mind paking too much either. It is kind of fun, but the hard part is getting everything to fit in the Suit Cases!!!! We are driving, so I don't have to worry about he liquid carry on thing, but just getting everything to fit may prove difficult!!!

Most of my travel clothes are pretty light weight, but DS, DD and DH all have kind of bulky things like tuxes, and poofy dresses. :)

Cruise Arizona,

Wow, sounds like you got formal wear all set. I use space bags for informal clothes. If you fold just right you can get a lot packed. I get the kind that you roll up instead of the kind where you need a vacuum cleaner to suck the air out. I think you'll do just fine.

--Jo

I'm so sorry about your haircut. We've all had those too-short-right-before-an-important-event haircuts. Although most people will say it looks great and they love it. Hopefully by next week you'll be adapting to it a little better.

Just focus on how much fun you'll have with your family!

I love to organize and pack, too. I'll have a week off before our next cruise and the kids will still be in school. A whole week to agonize, reorganize, change my mind and drive myself crazy!

Have a lovely trip:)

I'm so glad I haven't experienced this dream yet! Lists help me from stressing. In everyday life, I'm not a list maker, but when it comes to vacations, especially cruises, out comes the excel spreadsheets!!!

So glad I am not the only one who uses excel! I reserved my cruise in July and started the sheet - cruise is not until January 7th!

Cruise AZ - have a wonderful time! (hairdresser and I have been "rehearsing" my cut for months - with my luck she will get sick just before my cruise)

Sort of like spread sheets but I've been making check lists.:)

12 day wear outfits

4 Casual evening outfits

3 informals

3 formals

And I have to do this times 3, once for me, and once for each of the kids. Thank Goodness DH said he will pack himself on Saturday.

Some things are mix and match so hopefully they won't get too dirty the first time we wear them. Well there is always laundry service if I get in a bind.

I am having to pack some of my stuff in with the kids as their suit cases are bigger and their clothes smaller, but I'm not truely cross packing as we are driving, not flying.

I don't think I've ever heard to the cruise line not getting luggage from the pier to the ship, but I'm going to guess that if that ever happens it is very rare. Mostly we hear of Airlines having trouble with the luggage.

As far as my hair goes, I'll be fine with the length. It still fits in a pony tail and I have my hairpieces for my formal up-do's.

I'm getting excited!!!

Cruise Arizona - you should be excited! I am excited for you!

SO wish we were prepping for a cruise right now! (We just had to upgrade all of our electronics - tv, surround sound, dvd player, receiver - so there is no $$$$ for a cruise right now.:( )

You know... a bad haircut can ruin anyone's day... cruise or no cruise. Just make the best of it, and have fun! ;)

Have a fun family vacation and tell us all about it when you return.:D

I was talking to a friends the other day, and she was telling me that she has been going from Salon to Salon looking for a good haircut and paying $60 every time. At $18.00 including tip, my the price was right for my bad haircut:), and it looks good now that the other guy at the place fixed it for free. :), Well that's what I get for playing "Haircut Roulette".:):eek::)

I was talking to a friends the other day, and she was telling me that she has been going from Salon to Salon looking for a good haircut and paying $60 every time. At $18.00 including tip, my the price was right for my bad haircut:), and it looks good now that the other guy at the place fixed it for free. :), Well that's what I get for playing "Haircut Roulette".:):eek::)

Very lucky found a great girl at Fantastic Sams 3 years ago! And on Tues& Wed I get the Senior Discount.

Just remember to tip the guys who put the baggage on the ship and there should not be any problems.

I love to pack; I think it appeals to the enjoyment I get from organizing. I start two weeks before, making sure buttons are fine, zippers work, hems ar in good shape, etc. Then I make my runs to the cleaners, shoe makers, etc.

The week before travelling, I lay out my packing cubes and start making piles, based on my clothing selections. And on the final night, I put everything together.

So do I :) I do mine more in advance though. I enjoy the packing, repacking, narrowing down, taking stuff out and so on. And I like trying everything on beforehand and picturing everything on my trip. I make lists for day by day and then I have leeway but I know I have everything I want or need.

Archived