Got the cruise docs!

Tikibird

Dont you just love getting that blue Wallett and getting everything out and putting it back in over and over etc.

Just remember to put everything back in!! I took out my 'ticket sheet' and called as they said to see if all was ok and then left it near the phone. We got to Darling Harbour early and checked in our luggage and then lined up to get on early. I opened my blue pouch to get my ticket ready and voila, not there! Panic stations, until I went over to the counter and the girl said that's ok, heaps of people forget it, I'll just print you another one. Talk about relief, my daughters will never let me forget it.:o

Yeah, I've put it away right next to my passport and scuba diving card. Interestingly enough, they are offering "The Myth of the Kanak Culture" in Noumea on a Monday when the Tjibaou Cultural Centre is closed. So what's the point?

I'm definitely diving the Coolidge wreck in Luganville, I just wish they had snorkling so my non-diving husband could come too.

Wow, Tikibird, I am doing my advanced course this w/e. I never thought about organising my cruise so I could dive the Coolidge. OH well, I will just have to book another cruise when I get back.

We will probably just get a taxi over to Hideaway and do a couple of dives there while we are in Vila. I dived there last year and loved it (even did a little wreck dive).

I will be diving the ex-HMAS Brisbane on Sunday, I can't wait, we took our boat out and watched it sink - it was fantastic.

cheers....

Yeah, I've put it away right next to my passport and scuba diving card. Interestingly enough, they are offering "The Myth of the Kanak Culture" in Noumea on a Monday when the Tjibaou Cultural Centre is closed. So what's the point?

I'm definitely diving the Coolidge wreck in Luganville, I just wish they had snorkling so my non-diving husband could come too.

Maybe they're opening up on Monday's now - or they open esepcially for P&O. If you get chance, go, ít's well worth the visit.

Kym

The thing that worries me is that there is a disclaimer on the brochure that tour participation is limited on Mondays and days the ship isn't in Noumea a full day. The price is $64 pp so surely if it is open, a taxi would be cheaper?

The thing that worries me is that there is a disclaimer on the brochure that tour participation is limited on Mondays and days the ship isn't in Noumea a full day. The price is $64 pp so surely if it is open, a taxi would be cheaper?

I wouldn't count on it being cheaper to do it by taxi - the Centre is quite a distance from the Cruise terminal.

I think the warning about Mondays and 1/2 days in Noumea is to cover themselves because of the high number of cruises from Brisbane that don't arrive in Noumea at the scheduled time. Even with the new terminal working and departures being close to time, I've noticed in reveiws people have said they were late in Noumea.

Certainly they refund shore tours if they have to be cancelled for late arrivals, but having the disclaimer stops them having to do anything else in the way of compensation.

Archived