Hotels Near Port of Miami

WhitePearl

Where is a nice reasonable place to stay near the port?

I am sure someone will answer soon, but I have been reading that people have been getting excellent deals with Priceline.com. My experience....Priceline turned down all my offers for the hotels by the port so I found a resort about 30 min away on the beach. I was also trying to book for a hotel by the port around Super Bowl time and the prices get way jacked up for that. So. if you are trying to book around that time I recommend you do it quickly because even the resort I booked at is filling up very fast.

We are going pre/post cruise around 4/29/07 and 5/6/07. I am definately interested in Holiday Inn but I think Intercontin. looks better. On the Holiday Inn page it lists for $141 and Intercontin. around $335. It looks like the pocketbook may win. I will checking out Priceline first. Intercontinental and Holiday Inn are right next to each other correct? Does Intercontinental have a shuttle service from MIA?

We tried all the discount web sites as well as priceline and couldn't get anything for under $160 a night in Miami near the port or Bayside (which is where I originally wanted to be), so we opted for a oceanview room in one of the Art Deco motels in South Beach. We got a king size oceanview room on the beach at the Starlite Motel for $89.00/night. It may not be the fanciest, but it's location on the beach on the south end of SoBe we will be able to watch the ships sail in in the morning. (We are earlybirds and love morning walks on the beach at sunrise). We will then catch a cab to the Port (which is only a long bridge away), which should take us about 10 minutes. the causeway that leads us back to Miami runs parallel to the Port so we will get a wonderful view of the ships on our way in. We will be in South Beach on a Friday night, so the people watching should be great. The prices and availability for Miami hotels will of course, depend on when you book and what time of year you are looking to stay there. We were looking somewhat last minute (booked a room in October for a November 24th stay), so our availability and price options were pretty scarce.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. We had room 803 and thus we got to see our ship (Freedom od the Seas) come in to port in the morning along with a Carnival ship right from our room window. This hotel is not one I would recommend for a long stay in Miami, however, for 1 night pre-cruise it was perfect. Just my opinion.

I have stayed at the Holiday inn a couple of times and will so again in March. I love the location right across from the Bayside Marketplace. The hotel is nothing fancy but it is clean and they have a nice buffet breakfast in the am. If you join their priority club (free) on their website then the breakfast is 5$ instead of 10$

Sue

The Intercontinental on April 29th and May 6th is $208 with tax using the $185 "off the record" option on EasyClickTravel.com. How much is the Holiday Inn with tax?

I am paying 145 including taxes on March 25 at the Holiday Inn.

Thank you everyone for making my decision easier. Holiday Inn it is...close to the marketplace, cheap, and near the port. I am actually staying on Saturday night and the other night will be a Sunday night. Hiyall- that sound great to be able to see the ships coming in. We are going on our honeymoon via Freedom of the Seas to the W. Caribbean. I can't wait!!:)

I have stayed at the Holiday inn a couple of times and will so again in March. I love the location right across from the Bayside Marketplace. The hotel is nothing fancy but it is clean and they have a nice buffet breakfast in the am. If you join their priority club (free) on their website then the breakfast is 5$ instead of 10$

Sue

Did you just show your card for the 5.00 breakfast?

We are staying there pre cruise April 2007 and also stayed there in April 2005... very centrally located... we are a group of 40...

Did you just show your card for the 5.00 breakfast?

We are staying there pre cruise April 2007 and also stayed there in April 2005... very centrally located... we are a group of 40...

Just print the membership card off the website, even though I had it on me last time I don't think they asked to see it when I told them we were members. It could have just be our waitress though.

Archived