Golden Princess Honeymoon

kcbmarek

A cruise is a great idea for a honeymoon. We started cruising when we were about the same age, and for the same reason. Princess has some nice special occasion packages that enhance the experience. They cost extra, but make your cruise a little extra special, too.

Thank you so much!!! We have been on several cruises and due to some other issues, we thought an inside passage would be very relaxing and fun for us. We will be leaving three teenagers behind so we want relaxation. Any suggestions would be awesome.

I wish we had the time for the rest of Alaska as well but with the time constraints, it will have to wait for another day and time. We are planning on spending some time in Olympic National Park outside of Seattle before boarding and plus, the kids would love Alaska.

I am trying to justify the additional $2k for a balcony right now. If we do not do a balcony, I am thinking a blanket and a lounge chair cuddled up will do good too!

I am trying to justify the additional $2k for a balcony right now. If we do not do a balcony, I am thinking a blanket and a lounge chair cuddled up will do good too!

Good luck justifying the extra $2K... I never would be able to.:(

You will really enjoy Alaska even if you do not have a balcony. There are many places to observe from and you can end up missing what is on the other side anyway. Have a great honeymoon trip. :D

A balcony in Alaska is well worth the additional $$$. First, it is one of the few cruises where you will have scenery surrounding you virtually the entire time you are in the Inside Passage, which on the rt out of Seattle, does not include the first and last day, when you are in the open ocean. However, you will spend an entire morning in Tracy Arm and it is heavenly to be able to pop in and out of your cabin to warm up (with hot cup of coffee in hand) while watching the waterfalls, hills, wildlife, etc go by. I had read on these and other sites that a balcony was well worth the $$$ in Alaska, and I was SO glad I listened and took their advice. Sunrises, sunsets, entering port, sailaways...all much more heavenly on your own private balcony without other people jostling you around.

Enjoy your Cruise and Congratulations!

OK, here's another perspective on the balcony issue--we did a Celebrity Alaska cruise this past summer, had a great balcony but didn't use it much because the weather wasn't good (cool and rainy all but two days) for most of the cruise. (And the day we visited the glacier, we were on the "wrong" side, so had to view that from the deck anyway.) If the weather had been better, we might have enjoyed the balcony more, but as it was I'd have preferred an outside cabin, since on the Mercury they actually offered better views (were bigger and wider than the single glass door on our balcony cabin)...

Archived