What Port Of Calls Now Need Passport

We are doing the western caribean on 9-26-04 on EOS. We do not need passports but my husband and I got them anyway because we feel it's more convient. Just check with TA or RCCL. Happy cruising

spatz

I'm not sure either, but for our Eastern Caribbean they are not required but we have had passports since 1998. For peace of mind I recommend everyone should have a passports. They are worth the money and are good for 10 years. Happy Sailing!!!!!!

At one time Barbados was going to require passports. As it stands now, you do not need one for that island if you are a cruiseship passenger and do not plan to end your cruise there. I honestly believe that the day is coming when a passport will be required for all travel outside of the US. They are worth it just for the peace of mind, so if you have time, I'd advise getting one. :)

and get a passport... it will make your life so much easier.... it is much quicker getting through customs on your way back into the country... and quicker when you embark on your cruises.... :) And... it is THE BEST form of ID you can have.

I agree that the day is coming when Passports WILL be required.

We couldn't believe the difference it made and how quickly we got checked in at the pier for embarkation and how fast we were through customs, it made a huge difference! We Wished we had them sooner!!!

Do yourself a favor and get them, you won't regret it!!!

I agree with those who would encourage you to get a Passport. Here's the scoop:

Barbados - no Passport necessary if you are on a cruise ship scheduled for a one-day stop. A Passport IS necessary if you FLY into Barbados. Costa Rica - same thing. Aruba - a Passport is necessary if you stay 7 nights or longer.

We use our passports even for domestic air travel. Not as easy to misplace as your driver's license in an airport. Just put it back in your purse or in a shirt pocket. Quicker than fumbling thru wallets and pulling it out and watching your fellow travelers fumble thru scads of crud that tend to accumulate in wallets. (My brother spent 3 minutes digging thru his inch and a half thick wallet on a recent trip. I confiscated that thing and emptied the contents out into an inside pocket on his carryon.He was aghast, his wife was in shock that I managed to get it off it's chain as fast as I did!!) I always clean out my DH and my wallet for travel. Who needs your grocery card, misc business cards, local card companies or dept store cards on a cruise? We only carry license, medical card, each carry a different CC on vacation.

You do not need a Passport in Nassau, if you are a US citizen. You just need to fill out the Bahamian Immigration form, which is included in your cruise documents. Where did you get your information, Dolphin-dan?

Hey all! I had heard something about this and I haven't gotten my passport yet because I wasn't planning on being able to take a vacation this year due to classes. But, my Dad is booking my mother and I a cruise for the August 15th sailing on the Rhapsody the week in between summer and fall semesters - this was decided today and will be booked tomorrow, LOL! Talk about a quick, VERY pleasant suprise. Anyhow, now that I told you the unecessary background information (I'm excited...is it obvious?), I would like to know if you need passports for Grand Cayman now. Obviously, not Key West (we're going on the Rhapsody) and I'm pretty sure you don't have to have one for Mexico since we don't if we drive across the border here - a driver's license is good enough), but is it necessary for Grand Cayman?

I have my original birth certificate and my drivers license, that was enough last year for Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Jamaica (though I never once was asked to see even that), and I just wanted to make sure if it was still the same :)

We are just back from the Western route on the MAriner and you won't need a passport for Cayman. Just need your Birth Certificate and Drivers License when you check in at Galveston and enjoy the cruise.

Yep, that's what I thought! Thank you so much TexasTwoSteps!

Imsulin, I was told in the cruise compass, I believe, to take a Picture I.D on shore so I just took my Passport and the Bahamian government checked ID’s before they let us into the port area or could be wrong so I’m goanna go and look at the compass.

Dolphin-dan...all cruise lines require that you take your ship card and photo ID (Drivers' License) with you when you go ashore. I take a copy of my Passport, as well, but leave the original locked in my cabin safe. When cruising to Nassau, all you need is your ship's card and photo ID (DL), but I will be one among many to say that having a Passport is the best way to go!

Dolphon-dan: You are thinking about prior to going ashore and actually prior to the ship clearing customs in St. Thomas that all passengers must go through customs since it is the first port that is US owned after leaving a foreign port. It is a quick run through the dining room to show you passport/DL birthcertificate (whichever you are carrying). In the 6 so cruises that I have been on, I have never had to show my passport on land except for the above mentioned reason. This has been for both Eastern and Western.

Archived