Radiance of the Seas Review Nov 5-11/06

ckrobyn

Yes, Quest got a little rough for a while! That was the first time I'd seen that particular request. good thing there weren't any animal activists onboard!

Murphy -

I thought you would have been a little taken aback by the choice of "animal" :eek: ruff ruff :p

Well, since I'm not really a fan of Bingo, I didn't really view that animal as a dog, but rather a gambling icon! :)

By the way - thanks for the group pic! You all look marvelous :D

I'm really thinking about Alaska now. Hats off to you for giving me something else to obsess about!!!!!!!!!!! LOL:p

Don't tease me now... BOOK IT!!!!!!!

I just took a peek at cabin availability - there are no JS's or even D1's left ...where on earth would I stay????? LOL

Find me a "Robyn" cabin ....you know what I like :p :rolleyes:

By the way....just checked RCI's My Cruises......and guess who just went Platinum?????? :D

I just took a peek at cabin availability - there are no JS's or even D1's left ...where on earth would I stay????? LOL

Find me a "Robyn" cabin ....you know what I like :p :rolleyes:

By the way....just checked RCI's My Cruises......and guess who just went Platinum?????? :D

Book whatever you can get and waitlist for a JS. There's loads of time left for folks to cancel. I PROMISE, you can hang with Ray and me on our balcony anytime you want! Are you seriously considering this or just leading me on...

Book whatever you can get and waitlist for a JS. There's loads of time left for folks to cancel. I PROMISE, you can hang with Ray and me on our balcony anytime you want! Are you seriously considering this or just leading me on...

Trust me - it is really tempting!

Spoke with Shar about it and she actually put a cabin on hold! :eek:

I would love to sail with you again......maybe we just wait and see for now.....still lots of time ;)

Robyn, come with us on the Radiance Ultimate Alaska trip! That is one boffo cruise, both itinerary and price-wise!

One of the members of our Roll Call had 1100 booked through her TA and gave it up. So it may show up in the inventory before final payment - you never know! Somebody on our upcoming Jewel cruise snagged 1100 the week before final payment was due. We grabbed 1100 on another cruise as soon as it appeared, after it hadn't been available for months.

And I recommend that you start reading the Roll Call thread now - it's loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong!

Robyn, come with us on the Radiance Ultimate Alaska trip! That is one boffo cruise, both itinerary and price-wise!

One of the members of our Roll Call had 1100 booked through her TA and gave it up. So it may show up in the inventory before final payment - you never know! Somebody on our upcoming Jewel cruise snagged 1100 the week before final payment was due. We grabbed 1100 on another cruise as soon as it appeared, after it hadn't been available for months.

And I recommend that you start reading the Roll Call thread now - it's loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong!

What is this? The torture zone?? LOL

Trust me, I would love to do this cruise and I haven't ruled it out.....I'll have to give it some serious thought.......

I don't think any other cabin (except maybe the RS:rolleyes: ) can match our 1100 - it was a spectacular cabin.....

Maybe if it opens up for Alaska...............;)

I'd love to sail with you guys!

Hi Robyn...

Great review and pictures of Radiance.

My wife and I have cabin # 1100 booked for next December '07 on an 8 night eastern itinerary and we are really excited about the cruise and the cabin with its huge balcony.

How did you like the ship compared to the Voyager class ?

We have done nothing but the Voyager class and we wanted to check out Radiance or Brilliance and see what they were like.

Bob:)

Wrona,

The nerve of RCI!

At the end of my B2B in March they will elevate me to Diamond! :eek: What the heck is up with that????? LOL!

When I get back from my cruise in February I'll let you know how it is being Diamond (remember they forced me to take 3 cruises this past March to make Diamond).

Hi Robyn...

Great review and pictures of Radiance.

My wife and I have cabin # 1100 booked for next December '07 on an 8 night eastern itinerary and we are really excited about the cruise and the cabin with its huge balcony.

How did you like the ship compared to the Voyager class ?

We have done nothing but the Voyager class and we wanted to check out Radiance or Brilliance and see what they were like.

Bob:)

Hi Bob,

Glad you enjoyed the review! You are going to LOVE 1100 :D My favourite cabin so far....not sure anything else can compare (except maybe the RS???)

You asked how I felt about the Radiance class vs the Voyager class.....My first cruise ever was on the Radiance and my 2nd on the AOS so I have made the comparison. I was glad that my first cruise was on the smaller ship - made it a little less overwhelming and really enjoyed the Radiance with all it's glass - she really is an outstanding ship :) As well, she is a great entry level ship for the first time cruiser.

My preference? I would have to say it is for the larger ship. DH and I really like the larger ship - especially the promenade, and the pool deck which is almost double in width. Having said that, I would cruise either class in a hearbeat!

I guess it boils down to a personal preference? I think the opinions vary depending on which class you sail first and what you sail subsequently. May be easier for folks to go from the smaller ship, up - rather than the other way around....make sense?

Enjoy 1100 - I know you will! :D

One more tidbit -

We brought 3 bottles of wine to the table in the dining room and were not charged the customary corkage fee.....nice waiter huh? :)

It should be noted that these bottles were purchased through Gifts and Gear....:rolleyes:

Archived