Hell

Sheils65

Hi, we will be going to GC in april and a friend of mine said to take a taxi to hell. She didn't really give much detail as to why, is there anyone that can tell me what there is to see there? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

There is not much at all to see at Hell. It is a tourist trap that some people like to mail postcards from. I would skip it, and enjoy the attractions in and on the shores of their beautiful aqua-blue sea.

Thanks Jmo.......don't want to waste my time with such a short amount of time there. We will be doing the sting ray alley. Is there a nice beach near by, perhaps with water activities to rent? Looking more for me to kick back, relax and have a few drinks on the beach while my boys 15-17 can have some fun...lol Any ideas????? :cool:

:) We hope to be there with you guys. Grand cayman is our favorite. Seven mile beach is on the way to hell. busy beach. another great one for snorkeling is cemetery beach/reef. Never enough time in Grand Cayman:(

We will probly head to Rum Point this trip. I got lots of maps and info if you need it.

Vegas,

Any info and/or maps would be appreciated. We have the Stingray alley booked from 930-1130 which leaves us the rest of the day to do things. We are open to just about anything fun. Kids are very adventurous, me i'd rather kick back with a cocktail, lol. Looks like there is sooooo much to do in GC!!! I am really excited about this port....:D

We had the stingrays booked last month on the Imagination. Never made it to Grand Cayman that trip:( As you have stated there just is not a lot of time to see it all. I could stay a week there and never be without something to do. The shape of the island makes it difficult also. From the port you have two choices, north to hell, seven mile beach or west, around the island toward Rum Point. The problem with Rum Point is that it is a 45 minute drive each way. We love to snorkel and there are so many spots we want to hit. Eden Rock is one spot that is walking distance from the pier.

shagmedi@earthlink.net

Thanks Jmo.......don't want to waste my time with such a short amount of time there. We will be doing the sting ray alley. Is there a nice beach near by, perhaps with water activities to rent? Looking more for me to kick back, relax and have a few drinks on the beach while my boys 15-17 can have some fun...lol Any ideas????? :cool:

Sea Grape Beach is at about the midpoint of Seven Mile Beach. It is very close to where the Stingray tour boats depart from. After the stingray tour, most tour operators will drop you off at Sea Grape Beach if you ask them to. It is then your responsibility to get a taxi back to the tender dock for a few dollars per person. There are always plenty of taxis there waiting to take people back to the docks. Sea Grape Beach has many services, including food & drink, restrooms, Red Sail Sports rentals (jet-skis, sailboats, snorkel gear, etc.). It is a very popular place for cruisers.

This another vote for skipping 'Hell' unless you really, really want a postcard or a picture by the Hell sign. Otherwise it's worth about 10 seconds; walk over to the (small) rock formation (jagged, grey) that gave it it's name, look for a few seconds, maybe snap a photo, back to bus. It's basically a souvineer-selling site. It was included on or island tour.

Archived