Shore Excursion Question

kvand3l00n

Hi! We booked the Original Canopy Tour for our stop in Ocho Rios on our Dec 22, on the Dec. 17-24 MOS Cruise. The only time available was 1:30 pm. This is a 4 hour tour...it says it ends at 6pm on the shore excursion calendar on RCCL's Website. The boat is supposed to leave at 5pm. We booked through RCCL's online excursion reservation system. Will the boat wait for us? Or are we in big trouble?

Never the less, something appears to be wrong.

I think you owe it to yourself to bring this to the attention of RCCL and confirm (as well as you can) that there won't be some type of mixup which leaves you standing on the dock.

This kind of snafu can really ruin your tour, day and cruise, not to mention your wallet.

If you go to the Royal Carribean website... look under "Customer Service"

Select "Contact Us" and a automated form pops up.

In the feild...

"Please indicate what this is in reference to:"

Select "Shore Excursion"

Pop in the rest of the information and your question and you will have a response within 24 hours usually.

The Original Canapy Tour was a blast. 5 of us went including my 62 year old mom. What a hoot!

Bring some Tootsie Pops or Candy Canes for kids along the way as your transport is vans. Just tell your driver. He will pull over on the side of the road when he sees kids and you can hand them out the windows.

I will definitely have to contact them...when I first booked it, I called the shore excursion desk and they told me something confusing about island time and boat time, and that because I was booking it through the website, that the excursion would get us back to the boat on time...but I thought I would ask you guys about it anyway, just to get another opinion. I'd hate to miss the boat, that would really stink. I'll let you guys know what they say!

There will be a notice in your stateroom when you board (or the day before the excursion) as to what time to meet for the excursion. If you book through the cruiseline, they will accomodate the tour to meet the cruise docking/departure schedule. Not to worry. As long as you stick with the group, they will get you back to the ship on time....or the ship will definitely wait for your tour to get back. One cruise our ship had to wait in Cozumel for over 4 hours for a ship sponsored excursion that had van trouble on the mainland and were stuck in the jungle for 4 hours. We just got back onboard and went on our evening as planned, but the ship didn't sail until that excrusion was back.

Yes, there could be a difference in time, ship time vs. island time. Depending on your port of departure, say Miami, which is Eastern time, the ship will generally stay on eastern time. Some of the places on a Western cruise will be in Central Standard time and therefore an hour behind the ship. Follow your daily cruise information that you will receive each night and it will tell you about what time you will need to follow to reboard on time. It sounds confusing, but it is not. We just keep our watches on ship time (usually EST) and have never had a problem.

A co-worker did the zipline a few years ago and wouldn't stop talking about it, so when I saw it was available, I knew we needed to do it. DH is really excited about it, as am I, having ziplined (sort of) before. It's great to hear that others have done this excursion and enjoyed it so much.

Really dumb question...is snorkeling hard? I've never done it before, and we have a snorkeling excursion booked in Cozumel - we are doing the Segway tour and snorkeling.

Really dumb question...is snorkeling hard? I've never done it before, and we have a snorkeling excursion booked in Cozumel - we are doing the Segway tour and snorkeling.

It's easy. Just put the mask and snorkel on, stick the snorkle in our mouth and go.

I always have to clear my mask a lot, but I can spend an hour or two just floating and looing at the fish when I snorkle (as long as there are fish to see, LOL!)

A co-worker did the zipline a few years ago and wouldn't stop talking about it, so when I saw it was available, I knew we needed to do it. DH is really excited about it, as am I, having ziplined (sort of) before. It's great to hear that others have done this excursion and enjoyed it so much.

Snorkeling is very easy. You will be provided an air vest. You fill it as full as you want, depending on how you want to float. Then you just put on your mask and tube, put your face in the water and float, using your flippers to move you from place to place.

Archived