Jacques Pepin Cruise

katiekatie

We are considering booking the 14 day cruise on the Insigna in August, 2007 in which Executive Culinary Director Jacques Pepin will host.

Has anyone been on a similar cruise with Chef Pepin? What is the schedule of activities like? What are the 'best' cabins to book? We are new to Oceania Cruise lines.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Never done a pepin cruise but should be excellent as is everything with O.

Unfortunately like everything in life the best costs the most.

If your budget stands it then take an OS or VS, they are both superb accomodation. but as everything is so good with this compant just get on there ships any cabin will do you will love it, and the super passengers that will sail with you.

have fun

regards

Jim Gib

Last September we were on the Regatta. Oceania Corporate Chef Frank Garanger and Christophe Muller were both on board. Christophe was a guest chef from the Paul Bocuse Restaurant in Lyon. He is very, very high rated in the French chef world. He had guest chef specials on the menu in the main dining room each evening that were outstanding. Frank and Christophe did cooking demonstrations on two sea days. Christophe spoke very little English so Frank translated. Both of them have a great sense of humor and were very entertaining. Word got around the ship after the first demonstration so the crowd was very large at the second. The demonstrations were very well done. They had other chefs from the ship that helped out. Samples were prepared in advance so everyone got a taste of the finished product.

We noticed both chefs inspecting the buffets and visiting various dining venues during the crusie. I felt that all of the dining staff were really trying to impress them.

In business they say if you take care of the little things the big things will take care of themselves. I noticed a lot of attention to detail on Oceania. The guest chef being one example. I have been to several cruise ship wine tastings and Oceania is by far the best. The same can be said for afternoon tea. I bet you will find Chef Pepin will add to your overall cruise experience.

Archived