Concierge club/service?

On ships with a concierge club or on Freedom which has a concierge club for suite guests and diamond club for diamond and diamond plus members, you can get a continental breakfast in the morning and free drinks and hors d'ouevres in the evening. The concierge or the diamond club attendant can assist you in getting reservations for Chops or Portofino, ice show tickets on ships with an ice rink, priority debarkation luggage tags, priority tender tickets if necessary, and other assistance as appropriate. DVDs are available for loan to those passengers in staterooms which have a DVD player. If the number of diamond and diamond plus members onboard is very large, they often open a satellite lounge for cocktails in the evening. It is a nice perk- enjoy.:)

OK, Maniac, you just broke a cardinal rule of being Diamond. Diamonds NEVER call Customer Service or Crown and Anchor to get answers. They seldom have reliable information. You come to Cruise Critic with your questions. Sometimes you get good answers if you can get to the Diamond + desk, but often, those calls are answered by a regular C&A Rep.

MM is correct, Splendour has a Concierge Lounge.

Thanks for the information. We just became Diamond member this week and didn't know the rules yet. ;) However, I had C&A on the phone to make a few changes in our reservation for the Splendour and just thought I would ask. The lady said they just got updates in Oct. No mention of this was on there. :o

I will ask you guys next time. I know now where I can get up to date information. :)

It's great to know that Splendour will have the CL for us.

Thanks again. :)

did i read some where that the cl on the AOS had internet access...is this true...are alchohalic drinks only available at certain times of the day...just before and after dinner...my wife was on the VOS last april and loved being able to use the cl...AOS 3-18-07...can't wait...

we have second seating for dinner...so i guess we'll be having before dinner drinks in the CL...thanks for the info...wonder why the stop serving booze at 8:30...seems a little early for second seating...

I'm sure that they limit the time drinks are available in order to minimize the impact on their revenue. I'm sure some would ovedo it if the hours were extended.

we have second seating for dinner...so i guess we'll be having before dinner drinks in the CL...thanks for the info...wonder why the stop serving booze at 8:30...seems a little early for second seating...

On our cruise last week, second seating began at 8:30 so the time seems in line with the dining schedule. Guests from both seatings have what, IMHO, is a more than an adequate amount of time for free beverage service.

Now you are to receive an envelope with 2 Diamond pins & luggage tags with a letter welcoming you to Diamond status explaining everything to you. You wear the pins at all times but pool & shower & bed. This way you are treated with respect due you. Diamond Plus members have larger pins with 3 diamond chips in them, Diamond has 1.

You have express embarkation with a large sign stating DIAMOND/ PLUS/ SUITES for check in. You get $200-$300 off balconies or better booked. Then we have the Concierge Lounge which is a room that needs a key to enter & that will be deliver to your stateroom with a letter telling you NO GUESTS. 24/7 Seattle's Best latte, cappuchino, espresso as well as regular coffee & decaf. Continental Breakfast in the morning, sandwiches, fruit, veggies at lunch & FREE BOOZE from 5-9 with hot hors de orves. This is one very nice perk! The Concierge also books Chops or Portifinos for you, does excursions for you, gives you ice show tickets for Voyager & Ultra Voyager class ships. He will be a great friend.

Any other questions just ask or email me.

Thanks for the information. We just became Diamond member this week and didn't know the rules yet. ;) However, I had C&A on the phone to make a few changes in our reservation for the Splendour and just thought I would ask. The lady said they just got updates in Oct. No mention of this was on there. :o

I will ask you guys next time. I know now where I can get up to date information. :)

It's great to know that Splendour will have the CL for us.

Thanks again. :)

You wear the pins at all times but pool & shower & bed. This way you are treated with respect due you. Diamond Plus members have larger pins with 3 diamond chips in them, Diamond has 1.
I have to say that I had a very bad reaction to reading this.

If this is the attitude of such members, no wonder that other people on the Freedom members cruise complained about the snotty me-me-me attitude of Diamonds and Diamond Plus.

Fortunately, I don't think that this is the attitude of MOST of the Ds and D+s that I have met on CC. :) :) :)

If this is the attitude of such members, no wonder that other people on the Freedom members cruise complained about the snotty me-me-me attitude of Diamonds and Diamond Plus.

I totally agree. I never understand people who are so proud of their D status. It's not an acccomplishment. It's not a personal achievement. It just means you've been on a few cruises. I personally just don't believe in wearing pins or otherwise calling attention to the fact that I am D+.

I tend to agree with you Patrick although I usually do wear my pin at the Welcome back party. For the most part, aside from perhaps being a conversation starter, it doesn't serve much purpose. We have been fortunate to have sailed a lot over the past two and a half decades and most of those cruises have been, by choice, on Royal Caribbean because it best suits us, but it doesn't and shouldn't make me in any way better than a fellow passenger on his or her first cruise.

We do not have a bad attitude. I resent being told we did.

RCI sent a letter that states to wear the pins at all times. This way the crew is ready to give you respect due to you. That is a bad attitude? No, it just gives a great feeling and all the new friends we got during the sailing.

Sure we got some very special items, Gatwick airport rep saw us at the luggage carousel & greeted us by name, the only Diamond due in that hour. You had to go find Celebrity's rep when we did a Gatwick arrival for Constellation. In Miami with the incredible long line we saw getting out of the cab, the porter greeted us & told us where Diamond members enter the ship. How come no others were with us other than a UK couple & son who also had pins on. The pins are the answer, I am positive. The Diamond & Plus pins were everywhere in Pharoahs Palace. Looked great!

I love gold & diamonds, so I'd wear it even not on a cruise as it is a very nice stud for a scarf.

Fortunately, I don't think that this is the attitude of MOST of the Ds and D+s that I have met on CC. :) :) :)

I just called Royal Caribbean Crown Anchor. They do not have record of the card room being turned into Concerige on the Splendour. :(

Merion Mom...did you see this first hand? Thanks! :)

Anyone else know if Splendour has this?:confused:

Someone that did a sailing on Splendour this past May posted that the ship did have a CL and that she had spent time in it. Another great example of office folks not knowing what's going on concerning their fleet. No wonder the brochures are so screwed up!!

My sentiments exactly Carol. Why is it that once folks reach this level, they expect to be treated extra special. I think that everyone is equal when boarding and should be treated as such. Why is STATUS so important?:confused:

Archived