Concierge club/service?

That's not the pin they award you for being Diamond C & A. The "free" pin you get from RCI is not marked 10K, 0r 14K and the diamond chip is that....a teeny weeny chip. I think the one for sale on eBay is one you would buy on the ship in the jewelry store.

No, unfortunately you can't buy that in the gift shop onboard. That pin is given to any crew member who shows exceptional excellence in service to passengers. Wish it was available...........they would see quite a few.

I have read this thread with intrest and dread. I will make Diamond on my 12-1 cruise. I was really looking forward to the larger discount and the cl. Now I fear being flamed.

I think the OP used the wrong word...respect. It may be recognition that is the right word. I can't imagine a cruise line, any cruise line, telling someone that they would get more respect. Recognition, yes. I like the recognition I get as a Plat., like the C&A waiting area at the port where I can get a cup of coffee and a stale cookie while waiting to board. And is it really a bad thing to have a porter recognize your pin and steer you to the D/D+ lounge?

After all no one is railing about the VIP lounges at airports. They are for frequent or first class travelers.

Repeat customers should be rewarded and recognized. All customers should be treated with respect. Then they will become repeat customers and get the rewards and recognition.

I have read this thread with intrest and dread. I will make Diamond on my 12-1 cruise. I was really looking forward to the larger discount and the cl. Now I fear being flamed.

I think the OP used the wrong word...respect. It may be recognition that is the right word. I can't imagine a cruise line, any cruise line, telling someone that they would get more respect. Recognition, yes. I like the recognition I get as a Plat., like the C&A waiting area at the port where I can get a cup of coffee and a stale cookie while waiting to board. And is it really a bad thing to have a porter recognize your pin and steer you to the D/D+ lounge?

After all no one is railing about the VIP lounges at airports. They are for frequent or first class travelers.

Repeat customers should be rewarded and recognized. All customers should be treated with respect. Then they will become repeat customers and get the rewards and recognition.

I don´t think that additional perks for loyal guests are the point here.

The point are the people with a snobby attitude that go out show their status offensively and go with the attitude here I come a diamond member and I deserve special attention and the super upper most service delivered anytime. First me and then all the others.

I´m diamond and I too enjoy the perks coming with it, but there´s no need to show it for me and I still get great service as everybody should, be it their first or their zillionst cruise.

I don´t rave about lounges on airports or CL´s on ships. It´s the people that make the difference.

I don´t think that additional perks for loyal guests are the point here.

The point are the people with a snobby attitude that go out show their status offensively and go with the attitude here I come a diamond member and I deserve special attention and the super upper most service delivered anytime. First me and then all the others.

I´m diamond and I too enjoy the perks coming with it, but there´s no need to show it for me and I still get great service as everybody should, be it their first or their zillionst cruise.

I don´t rave about lounges on airports or CL´s on ships. It´s the people that make the difference.

So well said..............people make a cruise.........the cruise does not make the people.......but unfortunately that is a fact of life.........how much better is one to the other.:(

I think the OP used the wrong word...respect.

Actually, all the OP did was ask which ships have a Concierge Lounge. As often happend on CC, the thread promptly veered away from that question, that was answered looooong ago.;)

Go ahead and look forward to all the perks you have earned! DH likes to wear his Diamond pin and will likely start wearing his D-plus pin if he gets one. If you see him, please don't automatically assume that he's a greedy snob. :rolleyes:

And I love the Air New Zealand airline lounge at LAX, just in case anybody cares.:p

Strapless with a few Diamond pins....perhaps some new piercings???

You know I think it might help staff members when they see your pin--at least on the first day--the know you are a frequent cruiser and know the ropes. Compare that to a first time cruiser who might need a little more direction.

for instance I know that I may not be able to get into my cabin until after 3PM (rarely happens-but possible)--so that I might have to drag my carryon with me. For a first time cruiser--that might throw them for a loop. Maybe they don't even know how the food service in the Windjammer works. By wearing my Diamond Pin when I board--I am saving time--crew members know they don't have to go into detail with me. Just check me in and point me in the right direction.

Sure, you can wear them to the Cricket Club:p

Ah, I love people who know the "local lore". :D Actually, the Merion Cricket Club is in Haverford, and they wouldn't even let me through the door, much less allow me on the membership rolls!

They have standards to uphold, you know! ;)

You know I think it might help staff members when they see your pin--at least on the first day--the know you are a frequent cruiser and know the ropes. Compare that to a first time cruiser who might need a little more direction.
Interesting assumption: that a Diamond cruiser might not be TOTALLY CLUELESS. :D :D :D :rolleyes:

Now you are to receive an envelope with 2 Diamond pins & luggage tags with a letter welcoming you to Diamond status explaining everything to you. You wear the pins at all times but pool & shower & bed. This way you are treated with respect due you. Diamond Plus members have larger pins with 3 diamond chips in them, Diamond has 1.

Let me get this straight.....you go on enough cruises to get enough points to become Diamond members, and that means you should be treated with more respect than others?

I thought respect was something one had to earn..........

Please pray we are never on a cruise together.....

Fran in Toronto

Ah, I love people who know the "local lore". :D Actually, the Merion Cricket Club is in Haverford, and they wouldn't even let me through the door, much less allow me on the membership rolls!

They have standards to uphold, you know! ;)

My DH says if you wear your "Diamond Member" earrings they'll welcome you with open arms. After all you are special.:eek:

We've always been treated with the up most respect from RCCI. We just became diamond member AFTER this last cruise. So..we have not gotten to use any of the perks yet.

I don't think anyone here meant to imply that Diamond members are given MORE respect than anyone else...just a little more perks as a "thank you" for using RCCI at least 10 times.

I only wish the phone companies showed a little appreciation to their customers that have been with them for a long time. It seems they give more perks to new customers! In my opinion..that's unfair. :(

Anyway..thanks again to all that posted..I had no idea that asking about Concerige Lounge would turn into a discussion about respect or lack there of. Thanks again. :)

We've always been treated with the up most respect from RCCI. We just became diamond member AFTER this last cruise. So..we have not gotten to use any of the perks yet.

I don't think anyone here meant to imply that Diamond members are given MORE respect than anyone else...just a little more perks as a "thank you" for using RCCI at least 10 times.

I only wish the phone companies showed a little appreciation to their customers that have been with them for a long time. It seems they give more perks to new customers! In my opinion..that's unfair. :(

Anyway..thanks again to all that posted..I had no idea that asking about Concerige Lounge would turn into a discussion about respect or lack there of. Thanks again. :)

Congratualtions on becoming Diamond. You will enjoy the perks and please use and enjoy the CL.........it really is a nice place to "hang out" and meet some very wonderful people.

As far as the word "RESPECT" goes, I am sorry to say that there are a few, and I mean very few (could count on one hand), that feel that being a Diamond Member means that they will finally get the respect that is due them and to h*ll with everyone else on the ship. FranHarper said it best, one must earn respect to be treated with respect.

Archived