Cruise Cost Breakdown

sarvis

I made reservations for a 2007 Alaska cruise. My first Cruise in 20 years. None of the quotes I received break down the cost, showing port charges, cabin cost and taxes. It appears the cruise lines just give you a pp cost. Is this typical? I asked the customer service person at RCI for a break down of the cost and was told they can't give me that information. He said it was due to a lawsuit. Does this sound right to you?

Thank you,

Sarvis

I made reservations for a 2007 Alaska cruise. My first Cruise in 20 years. None of the quotes I received break down the cost, showing port charges, cabin cost and taxes. It appears the cruise lines just give you a pp cost. Is this typical? I asked the customer service person at RCI for a break down of the cost and was told they can't give me that information. He said it was due to a lawsuit. Does this sound right to you?

Thank you,

Sarvis

Yes, that's normal. Why do you need to know the breakdown?

I booked directly with RCI and was thinking of giving the booking to an online travel agency that is offering some incentives. The value of the incentives are based on the cruise cost minus port charges, gov't fees and taxes.

What ship and number of days are you looking at, I am going on the Serenade in August for 7 days and our taxes/fees are 97$ total for 2 people. It doesn't matter what type of room you are in because we are in a balcony and the kids are in an inside and they are also paying 97$ for both of them

Sue

Someone slashed my response. Hmm.

I guess I should have said something nasty to deserve it!:confused:

I hope you find the answers you are looking for!

Don't take it personal sometimes things have just ended up in cyberheaven for no known reason, probably a server blip. :p

Thank you,

Sarvis

Ok, are you ready, Sarvis? This is how you figure it out.

Go to Royal Caribbean's website. http://www.rccl.com

Act like you are booking your cruise.

Fill in the blanks with "2 passengers" and go to the screen where you pick your category. Pick the category you are actually booking. Pick a cabin. In the next screen, you will see the cruise fare for two with the tax listed separately. Write these two numbers down: cruise fare, tax. Divide the tax by 2. Divide the cruise fare by 2.

Now go back to the beginning of the process, but fill in "1 passenger". When you get to the end, the tax amount for one person will be half what it was in the first go-round for two. (i.e., the same as after you divided by 2)

Compare the single cruise fare with half of the two-person cruise fare. The difference is one person's port charges and fees.

Got it?

:)

Thank you,

Sarvis

If you booked online, it shows you the breakdown under summary of reservation. It's all there. Cruise cost, port taxes, insurance and tips if you chose to add them. It's all there to print out if you wish. :) I can see RCCL customer service once again is confused!

If you booked online, it shows you the breakdown under summary of reservation. It's all there. Cruise cost, port taxes, insurance and tips if you chose to add them. It's all there to print out if you wish. :) I can see RCCL customer service once again is confused!

Nope, that's not true.

Re-read my post. The only thing that RC breaks out separately is tax. Port charges and fees are in the general term "cruisefare".

Insurance and gratuities are always separate and extra.

Archived