Norwegian Pearl Questions

alisa726

I'm looking at going in Jan and taking some employees. Everything I read says launch in 2007 but I thought there were cruises this fall for it. Didn't know if anyone knew or if you have been on it or plan to soon.

I have never been on a boat when it is that new that you can't find any reviews or see any photos. Any resources would be great.

I just went to ncl website and they do have photos and more info but I want some outside info not from the company who will say it is great.

She sails the transatlantic on Dec. 2, so if you wait just over 2 weeks there will be tons of info on this board, including pictures, reviews, etc. There are many regular CC members who will be on that voyage, and we are all eagerly awaiting their postings! :) So keep checking back!

The Pearl is a sister ship of the Jewel. We sailed the Jewel this past Feb and had a great time. It was only a couple months old when we boarded her. The crew seemed to still be settling in but it was still excellent. So good that we opted to book the Pearl for the Jan 19th/07 10-day.

Good luck!

No one independent of the ship builder or NCL has rode her. Her NCL crew hasn't bordered her either, as NCL hasn't accepted her.

Shoreguy posted emails from someone from NCL that is on the ship during Sea trials. :confused:

Here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=8309243&postcount=8

• 2 weeks later...
The Pearl is undegoing sea trials presently. No one independent of the ship builder or NCL has rode her. Her NCL crew hasn't bordered her either, as NCL hasn't accepted her.

Be patient. Be happy!

The Pearl is almost fully staffed with her crew who are busy training and preparing for the big day. NCL employees and the ship builders work side by side while the ship is being fitted out.

The Pearl is going to be the most inovative ship in the whole market. And as far as I know NCL tries to make her the best "Hotel" in the world!

I can't wait to be on board in 3 weeks! I will let you know...besides I take friends on March 2nd cruise on her...we got great deals!!!

The Pearl is going to be the most inovative ship in the whole market. And as far as I know NCL tries to make her the best "Hotel" in the world!

This is said and felt about most newbuilds on all cruiselines. I do love new ships, but I wish they'd stop making them bigger and bigger. :)

The Pearl is going to be the most inovative ship in the whole market. And as far as I know NCL tries to make her the best "Hotel" in the world!.....

One of the innovations will be the Tubez Show, which sounds spectacular:

Tubez Skates Into Stardust Theatre Aboard ‘Norwegian Pearl’

NCL has announced its new onboard entertainment Tubez that features performers on BMX bikes, skateboards, in-line skates and heelies. The high octane performance, which will play twice nightly onboard Norwegian Pearl, has been choreographed by dancers who have worked with famous names such as Madonna, Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, Aerosmith, the Beach Boys and Cher. Their work can also be found throughout a number of music videos, television programs and films world wide. The show’s performers will display cutting edge athletics, whilst performing dare devil feats on two and four wheels.

The Stardust Theatre onboard Norwegian Pearl has been specially adapted to incorporate the Tubez show. Ramps have been added to the set that extend out into the audience and video imagery has been especially commissioned to enhance the stage-based action.

The visual elements of Tubez represent slick ‘pop art’ meets the contemporary world of ‘hip hop’ and the stunning set has been designed by the mastermind behind the sets for hit US television programs American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, America’s Got Talent, and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

Archived