Skateboarding

bobodavis

does anyone know if thier are places to skate in port we are going to belize,costa maya,cozumel,and nassau

Yes, technically there are pavement and sidewalks, would it be tolerated and enjoyable - highly doubt it... skate parks - never seen'em.

does anyone know if thier are places to skate in port we are going to belize,costa maya,cozumel,and nassau

A skateboard should probably be left at home. Doubtful you could use it on the ship, it would be a PIA to schlep from port to port, and you probably aren't going to find skateboard parks if surfing is available.

Are skateboards on the list of things that are not allowed to be brought on board the ship? Dan
According to Carnival's website - http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/What_NOT_to_Pack.aspx - you can bring them - just not use them onboard.

Due to "Safety Concerns", the following items cannot be utilized on board but may be brought on board for use in port, only:

Roller Blades/Skates

Snorkel Gear

Skateboards

Golf Clubs

Fishing Rods (packed)

Tennis Rackets

Kites (packed)

So.... your kid cann't give it up for 7 days :confused: Why take it where it is not welcomed and where there isn't a place to ride it. Tell him he's going to spend the week walking.

Does anyone know if the kids can wear Heelys on board? :confused: I remember on Fascination last year, a few kids were wearing them. My kids love them.

I would think to be on the safe side I would ask Carnival that question. It appears that they are just another form of skates and Carnival rules state the following:

Due to "Safety Concerns", the following items cannot be utilized on board but may be brought on board for use in port, only:

Roller Blades/Skates

Snorkel Gear

Skateboards

Golf Clubs

Fishing Rods (packed)

Tennis Rackets

Kites (packed

Heelys Shoes:Freedom is a wheel in your sole. These great looking sporty skate shoes feature a stealthy, removable skate wheel in the heel, perfect for skaters of all skill levels

What the heck are heelys?

They are those stupid azz shoes with the wheel in the bottom. Hopefully it's nothing more than a fad....just like those $250 hightops (a.k.a. felony flyers) were a few years ago.:rolleyes:

They are those stupid azz shoes with the wheel in the bottom. Hopefully it's nothing more than a fad....just like those $250 hightops (a.k.a. felony flyers) were a few years ago.:rolleyes:

Oh yeah I've seen those. As if it's not bad enough that kids today spend so much time in front of TV's getting fat, now they don't even have to WALK anywhere.

In case this point hasn't been made obvious, please leave your skateboards, heelies, skates, or anything similar at home. Even if your kids enjoy them, there are several other things for them to enjoy which don't run the huge risk of detracting from the enjoyment of others.

JMO

In all fairness the OP was asking about places in port - as in skate parks - not whether the board could be used on the ship or even in the crowded tourist areas.

As far as the parents that allow their kids to skate on heelys or anything else on a cruiseship - DUMB - JMHO. I can see it now - little Johnny going over the rail and the parents suing the cruiseline for not having higher railings. They don't belong on a ship - if my kids wanted to take them for off the ship I would still say no - not that they have asked.

My vacation is not going to revolve around whether we can find an appropriate place for them to skate. There are too many others things that we can enjoy as a family. They can skate at home any time.

Bobo.

I don't think things were merely addressed to you. The thought of kids running around on heely shoes on deck is absurd fo many reasons. And my kids WOULD love to skate board in port. I just wouldn't allow them to unless it was in a designated skate park out of courtesy to others and to teach my kids courtesy as well.

Sounds like you're out of luck for a skate park. However, there should be plenty of other activities for them.

WOW!!!!!

just because you or your kid dont enjoy skating while IN PORT that means my kid should'nt either.

It was just a question.

I agree. And what makes wanting to ride a skateboard in a skatepark any different than wanting to play basketball or mini golf on a ship? The guy never said Hey can my kid run rampant with a skateboard all over the ship and streets. He asked if there was any skate PARK on the islands.

Archived