Skateboarding

bobodavis

I agree. And what makes wanting to ride a skateboard in a skatepark any different than wanting to play basketball or mini golf on a ship? The guy never said Hey can my kid run rampant with a skateboard all over the ship and streets. He asked if there was any skate PARK on the islands.

Actually the OP never mentioned a skate park, just places to skate. I think everyone got immediately concerned with the thought of skateboarders running through packs of thousands of cruisers in port. Not a good combination.

Try looking on Sidewalks.com they list worldwide skateparks. I can see why your kids would want to do it. The same reason people who love surfing travel to different places to surf and snowboarders travel to different spots to snowboard. It would be very cool to say you did something you love in very cool locations.

I Googled skateboard parks in the Caribbean. The only one that came up was the Black Pearl in Grand Cayman. Not one of your ports. Look at this as a new learning experience without the skateboard.

As for the heeleys, leave those at home. They have NO place on a moving ship!

So.... your kid cann't give it up for 7 days :confused: Why take it where it is not welcomed and where there isn't a place to ride it. Tell him he's going to spend the week walking.

OP was looking for a place that is is welcome, that's why they asked if there were any skate parks. It's the kids vacation too. I congratulate the OP for trying to include their kids in planning their days. I doubt they intended to spend the entire day at the skate park.

Becky

OP was looking for a place that is is welcome, that's why they asked if there were any skate parks. It's the kids vacation too. I congratulate the OP for trying to include their kids in planning their days. I doubt they intended to spend the entire day at the skate park.

Becky

The OP's OP said nothing about skate parks:confused: , nothing about kids:confused: , and nothing about what they intend:confused:

...are you an idiot savant that you were able to know that? They got opinions about the appropriateness, and they did not like that. Well maybe if they provided as much details as you were able to through devination maybe the posts would be more helpful, in his OP, he did not mention the target user. Only when he came back to complain about the opinions did he mention kids...

jeesh bobodavis, looks like you got a lot more than you bargained for as a result of a simple question. Hope you find a place to skate or something else equally fun in your ports of call. sounds like you should make sure Grand Cayman's on your next itin!! :)

It's the kids vacation too. I congratulate the OP for trying to include their kids in planning their days. I doubt they intended to spend the entire day at the skate park.

Becky

True...but...what happend to the days of trying to get the kids out and have them experience different things? After all isn't that ONE of the many reasons we cruise - to see far off places and experience different cultures?

I Googled skateboard parks in the Caribbean. The only one that came up was the Black Pearl in Grand Cayman. Not one of your ports. Look at this as a new learning experience without the skateboard.

As for the heeleys, leave those at home. They have NO place on a moving ship!

Just checked out the website for the Black pearl Skate park and if you where into skateboarding, it looks like a cool park!

So....I guess no one here has ever taken golf clubs to play in port??? I mean...shouldn't you get out and try something new? Why would you want to golf in the caribbean when you can do it in the states??????????

This doesn't make any more sense than telling the OP that the kids shouldn't want to skate while in port!

So....I guess no one here has ever taken golf clubs to play in port??? I mean...shouldn't you get out and try something new? Why would you want to golf in the caribbean when you can do it in the states??????????

This doesn't make any more sense than telling the OP that the kids shouldn't want to skate while in port!

I just don't think there are any skateboarding parks where the OP is going.

Where I live none of the local kids ride skateboards because they all surf.

Completely different things. How many sidewalks or parking lots have signs that say "No Golfing"? None. While almost all have signs saying "No Skateboards" or something of that nature.

It's all about the OP giving the impression that they may intend to allow skating in public areas. It may not have been their intention, but that's the sole reason for the reactions. Skateboards and huge crowds do not mix. Nor does golfing in a crowded area, but society hasn't seemed to have gone there yet.;)

Archived