Monarch Review 11/10/06

The Mexican vanilla has a high content of alcohol therefore cannot be sold in the US. Maybe this is why it was said that it is "bad" for you? I have been using it for years too without problem. The taste sure is stronger than the stuff at the grocery store here.

I have been buying and using the mexican Vanilla for at least 15 years and never once had an issue with it.

:)

See, I'm with you. I've been using it for years in my own whipped cream, my own butter cream, cookies, pancakes, waffles, pumpkin pie cake .... you name it!!!

Its never bothered us any. But then again, Naren is from India. If he can survive there, a little Mexican vanilla won't harm him :D

The Mexican vanilla has a high content of alcohol therefore cannot be sold in the US. Maybe this is why it was said that it is "bad" for you? I have been using it for years too without problem. The taste sure is stronger than the stuff at the grocery store here.

:eek:

So like if I drink it straight, then I can get drunk?????

I dunno if I could actually stomache this stuff to drink it straight. The flavor is much stronger than the stuff we get here. I love it, and use it in just about everything. :)

Hi!

We were on the cruise after you! 11/13-17. This was our first RC cruise, and we really loved it! The Monarch is really a very special ship! Can't wait to go back!

WOW!

What a small world! :)

I'm glad you had such a good time. So tell me, now that you have a cruise under your belt, what was your favorite part of the cruise? Was there anything you wish you would have done now that the cruise is over? We always have a list of "next time I'm going to" ..... items that we know we'll do on our next cruise.

For december .... next time I'm going to ......

drink more

pay more attention to my intuition while gambling at the roulette table

try not to have a cold

accept that I can't do everything on the Compass

Ok, I've added the pictures to the Monarch album on my webshots picture link. Now you can see those pics that I took from this cruise!

I just love photos!!! however, i clicked on your webshots link but didn't see the monarch photos:( i'm a dork!

oh yea, and did i mention how you guys are? so cute it makes me wanna vomit :) :) :) of course i'm joking, my husband and I are married for 13 years and I look forward to our cruise and falling deeper in love with him, i still feel like a newlywed sometimes, now how is that for wanting to vomit? LOL

I have photos on webshots too... you can search for the names quaddity (2 and 3 also) and airmanzac. That is me and my family.

Thank you so much for sharing! I am looking so much forward to this cruise I can barely stand it! 11 days! can't believe it.

You rock lep!:)

I usually go to the grocery store in Ensenada and buy Vanille. The street vendors sell it for $6 and at the supermarket it's $1.10 and they take american money.

When Bonnie and I talk I'll ask her about the wine tour. I'm not a big wino but I like those tours anyway.

What else is a good buy in the grocery store? (I don't happen to need vanilla; my grandfather was a chemist who had his own business producting flavorings, the BEST ever made :))

There is a supermarket in the middle of ensenada a half block off the main street. It has everything a supermarket usually has including lovely candies and liquors which I buy for myself and presents. I avoid fruits and such because i don't feel safe using anything with their water. Bottled or cans of diet coke are okay. They tell you what you owe in US currancy so it couldn't be any easier.

WOW!

What a small world! :)

I'm glad you had such a good time. So tell me, now that you have a cruise under your belt, what was your favorite part of the cruise? Was there anything you wish you would have done now that the cruise is over? We always have a list of "next time I'm going to" ..... items that we know we'll do on our next cruise.

For december .... next time I'm going to ......

drink more

pay more attention to my intuition while gambling at the roulette table

try not to have a cold

accept that I can't do everything on the Compass

Yes, it's really hard to choose, they offer so much! I think we did everything we wanted to do, loved the dueling pianos and the comedian, the production shows were good also. Marriage game was fun! I think the only thing we missed was Kareoke and Quest. Now for the should of done..... We should have gone to the gym every day, we should have ate from light menu, we should not have gone to the chocolate buffet! I gained 3 pounds in 4 days! Oh well it was fun!!! Back to the gym!

Wrona, the Dec 10 cruise is the girls only cruise I mentioned to you. I haven't met Jen (lephysteria ) yet but we connected on the Monarch board since we're both on the same sailing. We will be doing late dinner together.

Jen, Should i book Bonnie and i for the winery? It sounds like you really liked it. I could book it now and assure us of getting tickets.

Karyn - we're going on the ATV Adventure & Winery tour in the afternoon. Why don't you join us? I may need to have someone pick me up after I fall off!:p

I'll probably need a massage the next day!

I just love photos!!! however, i clicked on your webshots link but didn't see the monarch photos i'm a dork!

oh yea, and did i mention how you guys are? so cute it makes me wanna vomit of course i'm joking, my husband and I are married for 13 years and I look forward to our cruise and falling deeper in love with him, i still feel like a newlywed sometimes, now how is that for wanting to vomit? LOL

I have photos on webshots too... you can search for the names quaddity (2 and 3 also) and airmanzac. That is me and my family.

Thank you so much for sharing! I am looking so much forward to this cruise I can barely stand it! 11 days! can't believe it.

You rock lep!/QUOTE]

Awwww thank you :)

LOL, yeah we're so cheesy it makes me sick too!!! :eek: LOL, I'm just kidding!

My monarch photos are under the "Jens Monarch Photos", toward the end ... of course that's like combined with many other Monarch cruises, but ya know :)

You have to write back to us when you're onboard and tell us how your trip went. I'd love to hear all about it, and don't forget the photos :)

I have been buying and using the mexican Vanilla for at least 15 years and never once had an issue with it.

I've been using the Mexican Vanilla for years, too. We go down to Nogales and buy it since we are so close. I've actually been buying it or having someone send it to me for over 30 years. The flavor is a little different (in a good way) and much richer. I don't use anything else now.:)

There is a supermarket in the middle of ensenada a half block off the main street. It has everything a supermarket usually has including lovely candies and liquors which I buy for myself and presents. I avoid fruits and such because i don't feel safe using anything with their water. Bottled or cans of diet coke are okay. They tell you what you owe in US currancy so it couldn't be any easier.

I know the store you mentioned above. I stop there for sodas and other (brand) candies. Yummmmmmm! Its like having a sugar rush to get through all the remaining stores in Ensenada! :eek:

Yes, it's really hard to choose, they offer so much! I think we did everything we wanted to do, loved the dueling pianos and the comedian, the production shows were good also. Marriage game was fun! I think the only thing we missed was Kareoke and Quest. Now for the should of done..... We should have gone to the gym every day, we should have ate from light menu, we should not have gone to the chocolate buffet! I gained 3 pounds in 4 days! Oh well it was fun!!! Back to the gym!

Ah yes! I know your tale too well!!!!!

You really should put Quest on your "should do next time" list. It is great fun!!

Archived