Tell me about tours pre-cruise for New Orleans

crazycruzer68

The web sites they gave you are great ones. Do you have a place to stay? I live in New Orleans and suggest the Hilton. It is really close to the ship and a nice place to stay. You can pretty much save your money and get a map of the quarter to walk around. It is not that big. Save your money to go to planation tour. Not all are open after the hurricane, but some are.

Let me know if you have any other New Orleans questions.

CAthy

I am so glad to have found someone from the area! This trip isn't until next year but I am in charge of getting it all together for our group and I really want to do my homework.

First we have never been to NO before but have always wanted to, so we are very excited!

Stupid question #1.......... is the French Quarter Bourbon S. or something different?

I'm local to New Orleans. If you have any questions, you can email me at williamleecher71@yahoo.com.

The Quarter is definitely open for business and on behalf of the citizens of this city, we welcome you. The Quarter is definitely something you can just "walk around" to get the feel of. Most locals sort of loathe Bourbon Street as we find it rather tacky etc., but it's worth seeing once at least, if not for just the gaudy circus that it is.

The Hilton would be a great place to stay as would other smaller B&B type establishments that are close to the river. The Bienville House, The Hotel St. Helene and many others offer B&B type accomodations.

While you are here, be sure to hit up Cafe' Dumonde and get some coffee with beignets, get a muffelleta from Central Grocery, take a walk down Royal Street for antiques, check out Jackson Square for local artists, random street entertainment acts, and it houses two museums.

Have a great time and spend lots of money. After the hurricane, we need it, :) .

I'm local to New Orleans. If you have any questions, you can email me at williamleecher71@yahoo.com.

The Quarter is definitely open for business and on behalf of the citizens of this city, we welcome you. The Quarter is definitely something you can just "walk around" to get the feel of. Most locals sort of loathe Bourbon Street as we find it rather tacky etc., but it's worth seeing once at least, if not for just the gaudy circus that it is.

The Hilton would be a great place to stay as would other smaller B&B type establishments that are close to the river. The Bienville House, The Hotel St. Helene and many others offer B&B type accomodations.

While you are here, be sure to hit up Cafe' Dumonde and get some coffee with beignets, get a muffelleta from Central Grocery, take a walk down Royal Street for antiques, check out Jackson Square for local artists, random street entertainment acts, and it houses two museums.

Have a great time and spend lots of money. After the hurricane, we need it, :) .

Thanks for the offer, if it's ok I am going to put your name and e-mail away for now and work on this after the holidays, I was hoping to find a local contact!!

Archived