Two Questions that might seem OT but really aren't

gkrebs

For those of you who have recently flown back to the US Mainland from the US Virgin Islands (St.Thomas, St Croix) do you go through customs upon your return? It been so long since I have flown directly back that I cant remember anymore.

Second question. Do those who live there, use the US Postal System for your mail (Inter Island and US bound) and is it treated any differently then the mail on the mainland?

Inguiring minds would like to know........

the virgin islands up the united states postal service... there is actually a post office in the shopping plaza/center where the ships dock. i don't think there is any different procedures when you send soemthing there because my dad used to send stuff to a friend who movied there all the time without a problem.

as for customs... i'm not sure, i know when we were on our cruise last june AOS, we had to fill out the customs and go thru the motions in the dining room the morning we arrived at st thomas.. not sure if that helps bc i don't know about flying from usvi to the mainland... for puerto rico... you just fly, no customs... i would think it would be the same...

Archived