NCL Star honeymoon

kcbmarek

We are contemplating booking an Alaskan inside passage cruise on the Star for our honeymoon in July. Anyone that has any comments, suggestions or recommendations we would love to hear them. Right now we are trying to decided between the Star and Golden Princess (we did the POA through Hawaii in May 2005 and were not totally thrilled with teh ship but need reassurance we are not going to encounter the same on the Star).

TIA!

Kim

We are contemplating booking an Alaskan inside passage cruise on the Star for our honeymoon in July. Anyone that has any comments, suggestions or recommendations we would love to hear them. Right now we are trying to decided between the Star and Golden Princess (we did the POA through Hawaii in May 2005 and were not totally thrilled with teh ship but need reassurance we are not going to encounter the same on the Star).

TIA!

Kim

Cruising on the Star will be a very different experience than the POA. The Star happens to be one of our favorite ships. Here are links to two of my reviews on the Star:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=221079

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=337299

Then, be sure to use my links below to see many, many photos of the Star! We've done the Star twice in Hawaii, once to Alaska and once to the Mexican Riviera.

I have never been on POA but I've been on the Star twice - once to Hawaii and once to the Mexican Riviera You are going to have to look very hard to find a nicer ship than the Star.

Just an example: If you take CruisinfromMN's advice and look at her photos - you will notice that most of her albums have 5, 12, 35, etc. photos. Then look at the album with the Star Mexican Riviera - 119 photos. That just shows you that there is a lot to do and see on the Star!!! Combining the Star with Alaska has got to be the ultimate Cruise - I hope to do that one some day (If I can ever get my wife off the mindset that Cruises are supposed to be Tropical!!! We did Alaska on Holland America which was very nice - I can only imagine how nice it would be from the Star!

Once you are done looking at Cruisin's photos - take a look at my site - I have a page dedicated to photos of Cruise Ships (Exterior Shots) and you will find some of the Star in Mexico

Happy Honeymooning!!!

Archived