Formal Wear

espmass

Just curious- do any of you ladies ever wear the same formal dress all formal nights on your cruise? I have always brought 2 different ones but on our 12/8 cruise we have 3 formal nights. I have one dress that I love and it's incredibly comfortable. I'm debating wearing it all three nights. I'm not a fashion maven, I realize nobody really would be looking at me anyway, and I most likely would never see the people again so I don't even know why I'm hesitating. If it gets dirty, there's always the cleaning service onboard. Opinions?

I think that if you are good with wearing the same dress all 3 nights, that is exactly what you should do. Perhaps, if you choose, you can wear a shawl or wrap one evening, or a dressy jacket or cardigan.

It would not be my personal choice to do so but I have a hard time deciding which ones to bring in the first place:).

Enjoy your cruise!

And don't have your photo taken each of the three nights, or there will be photographic evidence you wore the same dress three different times, or maybe not. Anyone looking at the photos might just think they were all taken the same night.

I did that on two different cruises, and didn't realize until my sister-in-law was looking at the photos and said oh look, you have on the same dress for both cruises. So, now I take different dresses on the cruise, and wear a different dress for each formal night.

Have a great time.:D

Of course you can! I did wear the same one twice on a three formal night cruise. I changed the jewelry. And I really wouldn't have had a problem wearing it again, just because it was so comfortable.

We only buy one formal picture, so that is not a problem.

My daughter, on the cruise with us, was pregnant, and did wear the same outfit on all three formal nights. Change a scarf, change jewelry, and wallah! you are set.

My dh wore the same suit, just changed the shirt and tie. And socks, of course!

Stress Not,

Shay

Archived