Summitt Sailaway

newhips

Hi,

I think that it would depend on the weather. We had our sailaway on our last cruise on the aft deck on the 10th deck on the starboard side. If it had been cold or rained, we would have met on the same side but just inside the doors which would have given us access to the bar too.

I think that it's too noisey by the pool.

Have a great time.

Hi,

I think that it would depend on the weather. We had our sailaway on our last cruise on the aft deck on the 10th deck on the starboard side. If it had been cold or rained, we would have met on the same side but just inside the doors which would have given us access to the bar too.

I think that it's too noisey by the pool.

Have a great time.

We're leaving out of Fort Laudeedale in mid April so the weather should not be a problem. I think you're talking about the Waterfall Grill area - the website didn't show whether it had a bar. I thought that would be a good area but was wondring about access to drinks. On our last cruse on the Mercury the same area (The Palm Springs Pool area) had a bar and was set up just about like you mentioned. The pasta station was on the starboard side inside and the bar was port. The aft deck was great (spent many a morning there having my coffee) and if the weather didn't cooperate just inside would have worked just as well.

Thanks for the response. We have a roll call going and somebody asked if we were going to have one. Silly Question - My wife and I would have one if nobody else showed up - LOL - It's a tradition!!!!! :D

Our favorite place for sail away has always been on the sunrise deck, right above the pool - by the Mast bar. We like walking around and sometime the band is out by the pool playing - which is a nice touch. On our last 2 or 3 cruises our roll call group decided to meet there. (except for our last cruise which left from New Jersey/ New York Harbor on a cold October evening)

On the other hand, the aft waterfall grill bar area is a great place too, and there are nice tables to sit at there as well as more room right at the bar than at the mast bar. In fact it is one of our favorite spots for port sail-aways.

Both spots should have bar service open the afternoon of embarkation and during the initial sail away time. What a great decision to have to make!

Sail Away Photo

Our favorite place for sail away has always been on the sunrise deck, right above the pool - by the Mast bar. We like walking around and sometime the band is out by the pool playing - which is a nice touch. On our last 2 or 3 cruises our roll call group decided to meet there. (except for our last cruise which left from New Jersey/ New York Harbor on a cold October evening)

On the other hand, the aft waterfall grill bar area is a great place too, and there are nice tables to sit at there as well as more room right at the bar than at the mast bar. In fact it is one of our favorite spots for port sail-aways.

Both spots should have bar service open the afternoon of embarkation and during the initial sail away time. What a great decision to have to make!

Sail Away Photo

I thought that area was the same as on the Mercury, but I wasn't sure about the bar.

Archived