Iguacu Falls From Itajai

lisaandrich

I am sailing on the Insignia December 9, 2006. We booked this cruise too late to book the shore excursion through the cruise line. I looked into going from Itajai to Iguazu Falls and it was just to complicated. We decided to stay in Buenos Aires an extra 3 days instead of the original 1 day that we had planned and will do the tour from BA. This is basically what I received from several private guides when I inquired about doing this from Itajai.

1-ITAJAI is located 880 km or 550 miles from IGUASSU FALLS

2-From ITAJAI there is no FLIGHT direct to IGUASSU FALLS. (When I checked the only flight from Itajai leaves shortly after we make port)

3-By car or by bus is many hours is not possible to do in this 02 days.

OPTIONS

9:00 am Trip by TAXI from ITAJAI to CURITIBA price about US$ 170

Distance from ITAJAI to CURITIBA 200 km or 125 miles

Trip to Curitiba by car about 2 hours and 30 minutes

Airplane

12:20 pm AIRPLAN - AIRLINE GOL from CURITIBA to FOZ DO IGUAÇU (Iguassu

Falls)

1:30 pm ARRIVAL - FOZ DO IGUAÇU (Iguassu Falls)

OPTIONS OF RETURNING to ITAJAI (MORNING or AFTERNOON)

6:00 am FROM FOZ DO IGUAÇU to CURITIBA

7:00 am Arrival – CURITIBA

1:55 am FROM FOZ DO IGUAÇU to CURITIBA

2:55 am Arrival – CURITIBA

Price AIRPLAN US$ 277 per person

Taxi from airport to ITAJAI price about US$ 170

Trip to ITAJAI by car about 2 hours and 30 minutes

One guide mentioned flying from another airport but it was not closer. You still have to get from the airport to a hotel in Iguazu which is thirty minutes from the falls. You can stay at the Sheraton, which is located in the Park at a cost of approximately $300 per night. This was too much traveling. The time spent at the falls would be short as you would have to take the early flight back so as not to miss the ship. We booked this cruise on November 2nd and I still trying to finalize this tour. I hope this helps.

I am sailing on the Insignia December 9, 2006. We booked this cruise too late to book the shore excursion through the cruise line. I looked into going from Itajai to Iguazu Falls and it was just to complicated. We decided to stay in Buenos Aires an extra 3 days instead of the original 1 day that we had planned and will do the tour from BA.

Yes, you can easily do a trip to Iguazu from BA on your own.

Dear Dbedros:

Thank you for the information. It does seem too complicated. Unfortunately, we cannot stay more than 1 night in Buenos Aires. Our agent at Oceania says he thinks they will open up another tour. We will keep our fingers crossed.

Lisa and Rich

dileep, could you please provide some details about a private trip from BA to Iguazu. We'll be in BA Feb 11 and 12, flying home on 13th.

thanks, john

Read the thread with my cruise report. Pointer to it is in my signature.

If you still have specific questions post them on that thread and I will try and answer.

Hi Dileep and thanks for all the great info you've posted. When you said someone could easily do a side trip from BA to Iguzau falls on their own, did you mean book their own flights and hotel on their own or use a private tour company such as Ricardo, instead of using the cruise line?

thanks again,

john

Hi Dileep and thanks for all the great info you've posted. When you said someone could easily do a side trip from BA to Iguzau falls on their own, did you mean book their own flights and hotel on their own or use a private tour company such as Ricardo, instead of using the cruise line?

thanks again,

john

It is easier to book it through a travel agent in Argentina. We did not book our own flights or hotels; Ricardo did it for us. He had better rates on hotel and airfare than I was able to find. The poster had 3 days in BA which is enough to see BA and take a trip to Iguazu.

Archived