Need Your Help !!!!!!

Eagles340

• 2 weeks later...

Eagels340,

We just returned from our cruise and stay at the radisson. I was very pleased with the hotel. I can't figure out why there are so many bad reviews. They gave us a corner room on the twelve floor right near the elevators. We had a great view of the port. It was great to wake up and see your ship there. The hotel was very quite. There was construction all over downtown miami but I didn't think it was too bad near the radisson. We never heard any noise from the room.

There is a checkers and Burger King right across the street if you want something cheap and fast to eat. The hotel isn't within walking distance to the bayside marketplace but there are plenty of options to get there. You can walk one block and take the free metromover. The hotel offers a shuttle for $2 per person to take you there or you can take a cab for around $6-7 dollars. We took the metromover and felt safe on it. I don't think I would take it after dark. On the way back to the hotel there was a guy preaching loudly to everyone but I have seen that in all big cities.

Overall we were very pleased with the hotel. The only thing that I found strange was that they advertized having sleep beds and our room did not. Our bed was however comfortable. I just found it strange that everything in the room and even our room key holder talked about the sleep beds. I think their restaurant is pricy and the drinks at the bar were a little high but not outrageous. The bellman and concierge downstairs where you enter were very helpful. If you need any info on how to get somewhere they were great. Unless your breakfast is included in your cruise package I would go to bayside for breakfast or burger king. Bayside had several restaurants serving breakfast along the water for some good prices if you look around. I noticed on having a standard 2 egg breakfast with bacon etc for $4.95. The pool area looked nice also. Again I felt safe there and it was quite and clean.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

We stayed there two years ago and thought the hotel was fine. Breakfast buffet was a bit pricey.

We got this hotel two years ago on Priceline at $40 for the night.

harv1631

Thanks so much for the review of the Raddison.You have put me in a great mood today.

I am staying two nites and paying for the second nite and first nite is free from goldpointsplus.

I just canceled my Embassy hotel for the same dates.

P.S How was your cruise ????????

eagles340:

The cruise was great. The weather was a little chilly but it was much better than being too hot. We had a great weekend get away for our anniversary plus some much needed relaxation. We left the hotel around 11:30 to go to the pier and we never waited in any lines. Just went through security and got our keys etc. than onto the ship we went. Getting off the ship and all flights went very smoothly.

DH and I stayed there last year did not like the area of the hotel... saw a few drug deals going down.. did not like to be out there late at night we stayed pre and post ... just not for us... we are staying at the blue moon in south beach this year ... had res for winterhaven but they are having problems and called to move us to the blue moon. we will see. this in the art deco on south beach ...

steph

Archived