SeaPass Account from Freedom 22nd Oct Sailing?

peteukmcr

Hi to all those who were on the 22nd October Freedom sailing.

I presume you all got only part of your SeaPass account statement on the day of disembarkation plus the letter stating that there were problems with the computer systems and therefore the final itemised account would be mailed to you within 14 days.

There was also details of who to contact in Miami and the voyage number to quote.

My question is, have any of you received your final itemised account, and if so, when did it arrive?

I haven't received mine from Miami and when I contacted them via telephone they could only send me via email the total amount, not the detail which is what I need.

No bill for us, tho one of our travelling companions got an itemized bill. Our credit card bill came yesterday w. the full amount.. A little bit higher then estimated ( only about $10) so am anxious to see the itemized bill...

SO much for getting the bill as they said, in 10 days...:mad:

Hi Pearlie, Macop

Yeah, my Visa was debited on Nov 1st.

After my post earlier today I contacted Miami again (not cheap from the UK as 800 numbers don't work!) and spoke to another customer service rep. She didn't understand what I was asking for until I repeated it again.

She then advised that Miami don't have that detail and it is the responsibility of the ship to mail this out.

So I contacted RCI here in the UK and the customer service rep was fantastic. She found the itemised detail and printed it off and mailed it to me first class post, so it should arrive tomorrow.

What a difference in service, but it's a bit much that I have to spend time and money chasing what should have been provided on board.

As I work in the computing industry I appreciate that there are times when computers can inconvenience people (always at the most inappropriate time as well!) but companies should not promise service they can't or don't deliver and stating that the full itemised account will be mailed within 14 days.

Was on the Oct. 15th sailing and we did get ours under the door. Sorry you had such trouble getting yours. I do check every day or so on the TV just so it's not a huge surprise when we do get the final total! It can add up fast! I also have one spot for all receipts so I can check against what we are charged.

Glad you finally got the service you should have with the first call.

Debbie

You know, they have no right to stick that charge on your card without first getting you an itemized bill, that's some bull if you ask me. I would never chack out of a hotel without first seeing an itemized bill and signing off on it, a cruise is the same situation-that's not cool at all.

Hi jdkey

That was the other problem, RCTV didn't work towards the end of the cruise so we couldn't check the account, nor book tours or order room service via the TV. The computer systems started acting up on the Thursday as bars and restaurants couldn't produce checks of your orders and had to be hand written. Prior to that the TV remote hadn't worked and it took them over 24 hours to rectify.

Other than that the cruise was fantastic!

You know, they have no right to stick that charge on your card without first getting you an itemized bill, that's some bull if you ask me. I would never chack out of a hotel without first seeing an itemized bill and signing off on it, a cruise is the same situation-that's not cool at all.

Normally hotels have a disclaimer that if there is anything not charged at the time of check out they have the right to charge it to the credit card presented at check in. I bet cruise lines have the same disclaimer.

Wow that's a lot of problems for such a new ship to be having! I would definitely want to check against an itemized bill with everything being hand written. What a nightmare for the staff as well. Computers sure make things easier ...except when they go down. Then we realize how much we have come to depend on them.

Hope you get it all worked out soon.

Debbie

Hi folks

Well, just an update on the SeaPass account. I have received a print out from RCI here in the UK, but guess what? Yep - it's not the full itemised account so I still can't reconcile the amounts, it doesn't add up at all.

So frustrating, I'll have to call again to try and get this sorted.

When we were on the Mariner in 2004, we received our statement. We agreed with whay was on that itemized statement, but the bill came through about $14 more than the statement. I disputed the extra $14 , but I could never find out what that charge was for. RCI credited the additional charge back to my account. I've heard others on the board say that their charge was higher as well.

Archived