Has anyone tried AAdvance Bag Check Service

cruzinwieds

I saw this on AA web site.

Introducing AAdvance Bag Check Service

Now you can drop off bags and check in for flights on board cruise ships, at hotels and convention centers.

Participating Cruise Lines

- Royal Caribbean International

- Celebrity Cruises

- Norwegian Cruise Line

Imagine being able to check your luggage for your American Airlines flight before you get to the airport. And as an added convenience, get your boarding pass at the same time. Our new AAdvance Bag CheckSM program allows non-airport, remote check-in from select cruise lines, convention centers and hotels...with more locations being added. AAdvance Bag Check service is fast and secure. Here's how it works...

For as little as $10 per person, homebound cruise passengers can drop off their luggage and check in for American Airlines flights at the AAdvance Bag Check station on board the ship. After the ship docks, bags are transported directly to the departure airport. Passengers can relax on the last day of their voyage without having to deal with their luggage until they land at their final destination.

Similarly, convention and trade show guests can go to AAdvance Bag Check locations at many convention centers and hotels to check bags and get boarding passes for their American Airlines flights. Like the service provided on cruise ships, luggage is transported directly from the convention center or hotel to the airport to be boarded on the flight.

For as little as $10 per person, homebound cruise passengers can drop off their luggage and check in for American Airlines flights at the AAdvance Bag Check station on board the ship. After the ship docks, bags are transported directly to the departure airport. Passengers can relax on the last day of their voyage without having to deal with their luggage until they land at their final destination.

What a great idea! The only problem is -- Do you trust American Airlines, or any airline for that matter, to keep track of your baggage with this extra several steps added into the baggage transit picture?

I think I might try it after it has been working, near flawlessly, for about two years. Wonder when that is likely to happen????:eek:

I saw this on AA web site.

Introducing AAdvance Bag Check Service

Now you can drop off bags and check in for flights on board cruise ships, at hotels and convention centers.

Participating Cruise Lines

- Royal Caribbean International

- Celebrity Cruises

- Norwegian Cruise Line

Imagine being able to check your luggage for your American Airlines flight before you get to the airport. And as an added convenience, get your boarding pass at the same time. Our new AAdvance Bag CheckSM program allows non-airport, remote check-in from select cruise lines, convention centers and hotels...with more locations being added. AAdvance Bag Check service is fast and secure. Here's how it works...

Similarly, convention and trade show guests can go to AAdvance Bag Check locations at many convention centers and hotels to check bags and get boarding passes for their American Airlines flights. Like the service provided on cruise ships, luggage is transported directly from the convention center or hotel to the airport to be boarded on the flight.

My brother sailed Celebrity in October.

They tried it and loved it!

I want to the AA websight and found nothing about this service in Miami. Am I missing something or do they not have it in Miami? :confused:

It was available last January in Miami. There were several announcements in the Freestyle Daily.

We used this service on our cruise 11/6-11/13 out of hawaii and it was great!

They offered it on the POH. It was worth every penny. It cost $21.00 i think. You get tags the nite before, and put your bags outside tyour cabin before 10pm. You get your boarding passes for the first leg of your trip.

This way we were able to tour and eat lunch before heading to the air port for 5pm. Our luggage all met us at the airport in albany NY.8 of us used this without a glitch!

Archived