Beware of booking online rooms with galveston.com

bayou cruiser

with Galveston.com Call the hotel immediately after you've booked with them to make certain you have a room. I booked in May for a Dec cruise (Dickens on the Strand weekend) and called the hotel to confirm and they claim they never got my reservation and they are overbooked. So far Galveston.com says they faxed the reservation upon receipt and I'm yet to hear back from them.

If you call immediately, you will always be told you have no reservation, as it takes time to work through the system. Wait a day or two, then check. If it's not in the system then, start raising hell, with whoever you got the reservation from. One good reason to book directly. At least then you know who to yell at.:D

with Galveston.com Call the hotel immediately after you've booked with them to make certain you have a room. I booked in May for a Dec cruise (Dickens on the Strand weekend) and called the hotel to confirm and they claim they never got my reservation and they are overbooked. So far Galveston.com says they faxed the reservation upon receipt and I'm yet to hear back from them.

We had very good luck with our reservation via Galveston.com. We booked back in January, did followup call on our own in July (Had a question) and the hotel sent us a reminder that we are staying there this Saturday. Hope you find someplace to stay:o

Most online sites send confirmatiom emails. Did you receive one?

Archived