Pullmantur

ICRE1629

I visited Pullmantur's website and the've got a new ship listed that wasn't there awhile ago. The new ship is the Pacific. When I clicked on the link, I was presented with picture of a ship that looks somewhat similar to the old Island Princess and Pacific Princess.

Anyone know anything about this boat?

I've been eyeing the Mediterranean cruise offered on the Oceanic for some time, but haven't been able to find any reviews about the trip, ship or cruise line. Thanks for any information anyone can provide!

Well, most of the passengers will be Spanish.

If you don't mind a cruise where most of the passengers aren't English-speaking, I say "go for it".

I know quite a few non-Spanish people, mostly Brits, also some Dutch, who have tried OCEANIC in the Med and absolutely loved it.

Of course she is not a new ship but if you are looking for a "different" experience from the regular North American cruise experience, this might be just the ticket.

As a Spaniard, I could tell that Pullmantur is supposed to be lower niche in the Spanish market. How is travelling with Pullmantur and us?. Well, we tend to friendly, happy, active, lively but noisy. Nowadays they have two main lines, the Sky Wonder, Pacific (new in the Mediterranean), Holiday Dream in the Caribbean, and Oceanic as they call "four anchor" treatment, and Zenith Greek Islands and Blue Moon as "five anchor" in the Baltic and southern caribbean.

The most incredible feature of Pullmantur is price....how can they do it at that prices?. It´s probably the only cruise company offering "all inclusive", and some with flights included at crazy prices. I have just returned from the caribbean with the Holiday and I enjoy it. Prices started at 620 euros (hardly to find a flight at that price) and I have to remark several things.

-Ship, classic Holiday (former Europa) it´s in inmaculate condition, retaining the former and distinctive decoration.

-Shows, well lots of Spanish and Southamerican dancing and music. Noisy parties. A bit tacky but I who cares.

-Food. Breakfast is buffet as good as in more luxurious ships. Includes Spanish varieties like churros and leche frita. Then lunch (buffet and main restaurant) snacks at 18:00, specialized buffets like the oriental or italian one sometimes, and dinner. Flavours, decoration in meals, quality it´s discrete. Some meals are nice some other aren´t but the variety of meals is simply great.

-Activities. Lovely sporting activities, handicrafts, cooking demostration.....

-Attention. Probably that doesn´t cost money and it´s just superb. Probably the best asset of Pullmantur

Why you should choose Pullmantur?. Price and quality is simply unbeatable, sailing in classics, all inclusive (all drinks all the time), and happiness all the time. Don´t expect a luxury ship, but you get much more than one gets in companies like RCCL or Costa.

Archived