Going to Belize

yellowking

We did the cave tubing too but booked it ourselves with Xstream Cave Tubing. It was a good excursion and we saved money booking it on our own. We may be going back again later this year. If we do then there was another excursion where you can snorkel with sharks. There were a few people on our last trip to Belize that did this excursion and really liked it.

John & Shari

We also went cave tubing with Reggie and loved it! Others in our group went on a wildlife/zoo tour through the ship that they thought was great. They had a mixture of ages in their group and weren't sure that tubing would work for everyone.

I think Belize is one of those places that you want to pre-arrange a tour as it didn't seem like good place for just wandering around. I don't know that I would just catch a cab and take my chances as we have done in other ports.

Depending on what you like, we also enjoyed the Altun Ha Mayan ruins, booked through the Sea. Our tour guides were great, and the drive out was beautiful.

We didn't try the cave tubing, but our friends did, and thought it was boring. Each person has their own likes and dislikes, and it just didn't end up working for them.

We were in Belize this past June on the Glory and did the cave tubing through X-stream. Because our tour guide did not realize that the time difference between ship and shore was two hours and not one as he thought we had to rush through the whole trip and almost missed the ship. The trip would be awesome if you could take your time and enjoy it. Definately read the port of call boards about it.

KJ

Archived