Can anyone recall the last time HAL cancelled a cruise?

constructiondude

Joanskid.....

I am sorry to hear what happened to your cruise. I feel very badly this happened to you. I hope you find a wonderful replacement cruise and enjoy yourself to the max. I wouldn't like having this happening to me any better than you do. None of us would.

Go find a fabulous cruise and please come here and tell us about it.

We were booked on the "Prinsendam" in northern Europe a couple of years ago and HAL transferred her to -I believe Alaska -that summer. We always book quite early, our TA notified us quickly and the offer was $1200 shipboard credit and something off a new cruise if we booked another almost immediately [ I think it was within a few weeks????] which we did. We rebooked the Rotterdam for B2Bs crossing and northern Europe, as I remember- and it was a lovely cruise. Rather than "waste" the shipboard credit -we bought BEAUTIFUL opal inlay rings for our daughters, and we figured WE "won" because our daughters were thrilled and we had a lovely LONGER cruise at bargain rates! We will have 300 days with HAL in January on our NEXT cruise; we are more than satisfied with that compensation

Anne

Joanskid.....

I am sorry to hear what happened to your cruise. I feel very badly this happened to you. I hope you find a wonderful replacement cruise and enjoy yourself to the max. I wouldn't like having this happening to me any better than you do. None of us would.

Go find a fabulous cruise and please come here and tell us about it.

I'm not sure what we will replace this with. We have our hearts set on being somewhere this time next year. We may do land based though, as we are a little tired of dealing with cruise lines right now.

We'll see...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure what we will replace this with. We have our hearts set on being somewhere this time next year. We may do land based though, as we are a little tired of dealing with cruise lines right now.

We'll see...

I have to agree with joanskid on this one. To get such a casual response from HAL doesn't speak well for them. We were planning to book this same cruise as soon as we returned from our QM2 trip leaving this weekend...which by the way I booked last Dec. I too found this itinerary to be perfect and different for a 7 days cruise and that's what drew us to it. With QM2 sailing from NYC (which I dislike) next winter we decided to try HAL....this would have been our first HAL trip. Incidently, HAL also cancelled this itinerary for either the March or February one that had been planned...also for a charter.

I have to say that for a potential first time HAL cruiser this is not the best PR move I've seen. Yes, ships do charter full charters but it seems strange that they did this twice with the same unique itinerary that was only being done 4 times next year. It makes me wonder if this is a good choice for us. I totally understand joanskid's disappointment as I share it with her.

Cheers, Penny

We were also going to be first time HAL cruisers.

The offer we got was to take the Westerdam either one or tqo weeks later to either the Eastern or Western Caribbean. ther also would have given us $50-100 onboard credit (total, not per person)

Since this didn't meet either our date preference or our destination preference, we decided to just get our money back.

Maureen

Archived