Polynesian Cultural Center, Paradise Cove Luau, or Germaines?

misterchatter

PCC is probably most authentic. You can also spend the entire day there as there is so much to do. The workers there are brought in from their respective islands as they are college students here in Hawaii....However it is run but the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints so therefore there is no alcohol served. I understand this is a great experience.

Paradise cove and Germains have bars and are so similar in where they are located, buffet and show. Some say that they are a little impersonal and touristy, but I found that the show at PC was really terrific and flowed well.

So its up to you and what your expectations are.

We recently spent the day at PCC including the luau and Horizon's show. I can't imagine any other venue offering as great an experience. The lack of alcoholic beverages may be a downside but at least you will remember the experience LOL:) I did talk to someone who had been to Germaine's followed by a day at the PCC. They said the PCC show was better and overall PCC offered alot more for the money. PCC opens around noon and you can attend numerous shows, a canoe parade, a luau, an IMAX presentation and an excellent show - HORIZONS. It's a long day but well worth the money.

Although we had issues with our bus and our tour guide was less than experienced, we enjoyed the shows immensely. We would return, but without using the guide. Our visit changed my life on the mainland, as I now dance Polynesian in a local Halau. Go & absorb all that you can. The shows are amazing! You can see pics from our day in my link below.

Hi, we have been to both Paradise Cove and Polynesian (my sister has been to Germaine's)...if you want an "outside" show experience and sit right by the beach then Paradise Cove is beautiful. I did not enjoy the food, but the drinks and show were great. If you want to experience all the cultures that make up the Hawaiian history, along with an excellent show and "great" food..then Polynesian Cultural Center is the best. If I had to make a choice..I would choose the Polynesian Cultural Centre and also pay the "extra" for a guided tour, it is worth every penny. Have fun!!

We would vote for the PCC! every guide book I saw gave it high marks, and it deserves them! We had a guide, Pua, and she was wonderful. she got us to all the shows on time and good seats for the Pageant of Canoes (front row seats at the Marquesas Island show for people celebrating anniversaries), answered all our questions (yes, she is a student working off her tuition), got us to the Luau on time, gave us leis, videos, coupons for the wonderful ice cream in a pineapple at intermission for the night show, (which was really cool- esp. the fire dancers). We really enjoyed the food, which we understand is very authentic, and there was plenty of it! Certainly tops in our book!

I have done Germaine's on a previous visit, and we just got back from the PCC. We did the "Super Ambassador" package. There were 7 of us, so this was quite a chunk of change, but worth every penny! Our tour guide made sure we had awesome seats for every single demo in all the villages. I don't think we would've seen as much without her! We also had front-row seats for the evening show. There can't be a more exciting show anywhere. I appreciate seeing the dances of all of the polynesian nations, instead of just seeing the hula. Dancers were amazing! Enjoy!

Absolutely Paradise COve!!!!

We spent two wonderful yrs on Oahu and moved back to the mainland last yr- we hit all the island Luaus and the food, ambiance, and fun at Paradise COve- as well as the location- are all superior.

PCC is well worth a day trip, if for nothing other than to see the wilder part of the island- but don't bother with the Luau- there is no alcohol, coffee, or chocolate and what fun is that? ;)

Archived