QM2 Dec 2, 2006 ...2 weeks and counting!

patwell

2 weeks from today our merry little band of CCers will board the QM2 for the first time. For almost a year that Roll Call has been going strong and while our numbers can't come close to the Labor Day bunch, we have a great comaraderie and some really fun people as we've enjoyed anticipating this trip together.

Anyone else out there booked on this trip? Or do we have her all to ourselves?;) Please come by and join us, and do plan to come to our CC gathering which is scheduled for Dec 3rd (Sunday) at 2PM in the Commodore Club. You won't miss us...we'll have a sign...and big smiles on our faces!!:D

Please don't be intimidated by the length of our Roll Call...we're just a chatty bunch and would love to welcome you to join us. :)

Cheers, Penny...who is barely containing her excitement at this point!

Penny

Can I wish you the very best time on board the Queen, if you have half as good a time as I had (and I hope you have twice as good) you'll have the time of your life.

Be nosey and look into every corner, don't miss the outide elevators, the stairs that go from the rear of deck 7 (outside the entrance to the Princess Grill Restaurant) to the deck 8 pool (many don't find it), the bridge viewing area, the atlantic room, the door that leads from the deck 6 cabin corridor directly out onto the deck 6 pool area, the view from the rear of deck 12 looking down over the cascade of decks down to deck 6, go out onto the bow area at night and look at the stars above, use the Commodore Club at night when the atmosphere is amazing, don't miss "Rock at the Opera", spend hours in the library, go to Todd English and have "Chocolate Fallen Cake", dance the night away in G32, and... and... and... Well, you get the idea Penny!

But two things are most important. 1. Tell us all about it when you get back. 2. HAVE A GREAT TIME.

From a very, very jealous

I envy you also. I hope you have a super trip.

I had the pleasure of meeting Pepper on the Westbound crossing, was it only 2 months ago, seems forever since I was on board.

One of my favourites is the corridor from Staircase A to Illuminations with the pictures of movie stars making the crossing on the Queens.

Linda

Thank you Pepper and Linda, for the good wishes. Much appreciated, as well as the tips of things to see and do. I'll certainly look for that stairwell Linda as I've seen pictures of some of it.

Pepper, you can rest assured I will do my best to see it all...I am armed after all with some of the best directions one could ask for!! I think you probably have a pretty good idea of what will be in my carry-on...well hi-lited and well read. I doubt my trip will surpass yours...a crossing is so special afterall...but if I have as wonderful a time as you did, my fantasies will be fulfilled and I will come back and share for sure. Thank you again and again for arming me well!!!

Cheers, Penny....who is salivating at the thought of that 'Fallen Chocolate Cake" already. I will dedicate my first bite to you Pepper!!:D

And while in the Commodore some evening keep a close watch on the ship's model and how things change as the evening goes on!

It's pretty interesting. The young lady who had spent so much time on the ship and one of the bartenders and I one night started making up stories of the people on board THAT ship!

Karie,

who has given up on trying to sneak aboard in Penny's suitcases. All twelve of the 29 inchers are too full! Still scheming though!

Ken...thank you for the good wishes. I'll be "comfortable" anywhere I'm pampered...by my husband and anything else that Cunard would care to contribute to my euphoric state of mind! ;) But I promise to come out of my euphoria to try to notice the decor.;)

Karie...it is NOT up to 12...yet!:p And there's still the steamer trunk for you and Beth...;) (private joke folks...sorry!)

And another day bites the dust....:D

Cheers, Penny...who is NOT bringing a steamer trunk with 2 people named Beth and Karie in it...honestly Cunard...I'm not!

Archived