Paradise Helicopters

maddmaxx

Just booked a ride with Paradise Helicopters in Hilo... a doors off ride in an MD-500... similar to the whirly bird Tom Sellick's pal flew on the old Magnum PI TV show... promises to be a cool ride... has anyone flown with these folks before? I'm committed (or maybe I should be committed) but was hoping someone might be able to tell me what I have gotten my wife into. Had to convince her she wanted to go on another helicopter ride... wait until she finds out there are not doors on a bird that's half the size of the 407's and Aerostars that do most of the tour rides over there.

Yeah... I've flown on the Aerostar and I reguarly get to take up space in the back seat of a Bell (407 and OH 58)... but the idea of scooting around in a 500 with no doors over and around volcanos kind of rings my bell... funny thing... yesterday on the Discovery Channel or some similar network I walked into a show about some folks who had to make an emergency landing in a Kiluea's cauldera (SP?)... was an interesting show but didn't do a whole lot to impress my better half... I'll surprise her when we get there... guess I got a think for helicopters... best ride I ever had was a seat in an old Bell 47... MASH helicopter... used to ride in one all the time until we had to retire it. That was sweet! Sorry... this doesn't have much to do with Hawaii...

Archived