St Kitts tour report

texasgirl

We had arranged for Ilva Wallace to meet us and be our private tour guide for the four of us. Even though it had just poured down rain, she was waiting for us in exactly the spot she said she'd be wearing her straw hat and pretty Caribbean dress exactly as promised. I had told her exactly what we wanted to see and she proved to be a very informative, fun tour guide. She's also an excellent driver. I was very impressed - she said she'd stay with us and wait for us all day and that she did.

We went to the Caribelle Batik factory and spent quite a bit of time there. It's on the grounds of a beautiful old estate - very picturesque! From there we toured down the coast, stopping at Brimstone Hill Fortress. I was so amazed at this place. Honestly, I figured it was going to be a nothing thing but it was very well preserved and has gorgeous views. We kept on going, stopping at a place where the Atlantic and Caribbean meet. Check out the paintings done by a local artist for sale there. Interesting and very reasonable. We stopped at the Black Rocks and took many, many photos of the crashing waves. Ilva then took us to a place on the island where you can see both the Caribbean and Atlantic. It's one of those sights I'll always recognize in pictures from now on. We finished the day at Turtle Beach. it's fun but I found it a little crowded. However, try out one of the aloe vera massages. Look up Charlie and his son. My sister and I decided it was the best massage she ever had and my second best.

Ilva waited for us until we were ready to go and then took us back to the ship. St Kitts is a lovely island and small enough to easily see in one day. She charged us $30 each and it was worth every bit. There was also an $8 entrance fee to Brimstone - again well worth it.

Archived