Any info on FL Hol Inn by the Sea?

beachpeach1

I tried this post once before with no luck, so I'll try again. We went on hotwire and they got us a room at the Holiday Inn By The Sea. It looks like it's about 10 miles from the airport and port, and they don't provide shuttle service. How much do you think a cab will be? Is it a decent place? Since we have a late return flight, the hotel told us that we could get a room 1/2 price for the day so we can store luggage, go to beach, and shower before airport. Sounds reasonable. Any liquor stores nearby that we can walk to? Really appreciate your help. It's hard to make reservations without knowing the area sometimes.

If it is the one that is north of the Sheraton Trader on 1a I stayed here last year. Rooms were ok, nice veiw. There is a liquor store I believe right next store. Cab fare from FLL to hotel-$25-Hotel to pier-$20 Hotel gets bad reviews but we had no problem here.

Harry

Thanks, Harry, for the response. Is the price that you mentioned for the cab fare per person or per trip? I believe this hotel has a Denny's restaurant in it, and I was told that you cross a quiet street to get to the beach--is it the same one, do you think?

It sounds like the OP will be staying at the Holiday Inn Lauderdale by the Sea, 4116 N Ocean Drive, Ft Lauderdale. If thats the case figure cab fare being a minimum of $33 each way.

There's a Winn Dixie supermarket just under a mile south of that hotel. A little north is a Walgreens and a 7-11.

We stayed at " Holiday Inn...Ft.lauderdale-By-The-Sea"...about 5 years ago.It was HORRIBLE...I was always going to write CAA and tell them that there is no way it should be in their book of recommended hotels.

There are Holiday Inn's that are closer to the pier that are suppose to be nice(Friends stayed at the one on A1A and Sunrise and didn't think much of it...but looks good from the front)

Airport hotels seem to get better reviews if you want something more reasonable.

Sorry to share this news....especially if the "deed is done" !!!

let's hope it has had new owners in those 5 years !!

Sharon

Harry: I think the address for y hotel is 4116 N. Ocean Drive, so it must be a different one.

Bequia: That's the one! Thanks for info!

Sheepdog: Wow, I hope owners have changed too! My sister booked room thru hotwire and that is what they came up with. Come to find out, it wasn't that great of a deal, especiaaly when you figure in cab fare. But apparently once you book with hotwire, it is final. Hopefully it won't be so bad. And if we split cabfare between the 4 of us, it doesn't hurt so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I think we may have lucked out! We booked this thru hotwire, and they recently notified us that since they have reviewed ratings for hotels, FL HI by the Sea was now rated 2.5 instead of 3, so we were able to cancel out of the deal. Am happy it worked out since hotel is so far from airport/port. We were able to get a room at the Amerisuites. It seems that Amerisuites is the only hotel available that weekend. I'm guessing that since it is the w/e between SuperBowl and President's w/e that they fares are still high, but at least we got a room! And since we got a 2 double/sleep sofa suite, the 4 of us will share the room. We have now halved the price, no taxi fares, and even get free breakfast!

Archived