Dzul Ha - just back

650cs

I was at Dzul Ha on Nov 14th and just wanted to report on the snorkeling. I was very disappointed. The coral is sandblasted and there was little to see. I had read the posts from the message boards and it sounded like it would still be good. I tried several different areas and went out pretty far because near the shore it was cloudy from the sand. I did see some small fish but not that many.

I really can't imagine why anyone would even mention this as a place to stop. I never saw any swimming pool. The place was much smaller than I expected. We purchased 2 canned soft drinks and a small ice cream cone for $7.50. I would never go back there.

The only pool I know of there is at the club across the street from Dzul-Ha beach at a place called PalMar Beach Club. It is a very nice garden with fresh water swimming pool; very comfortable place.

They are building again where the closed hotel was across the street also, did you notice that? That was once one of Cozumel's favorite "shore snorkel" areas. It's coming back but could take a few years to be really healthy again. I wish they would not allow snorkeling or diving there right now so the coral can recover.

Archived