Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

Just bringing this up again, hoping that someone can tell me whether that was mango or papaya served at the buffet. My son's hives may have been from one of those fruits and I don't know which it was that was served. I just want to make sure that we are avoiding the right thing in the future. I will eventually get him an allergy test, but I am not eager to have blood drawn from his skinny little arm. They can't do a scratch test for those allergens since they don't seem to be very common allergies. If it wasn't the fruit, though, there might have been something with peanuts in the chicken (I did ask about this from our tour guide before I let my son eat it, but now I realize that I shouldn't have felt that this was sufficient precaution. :( ) Thanks to anyone who can tell me about the mango/papaya.

Has anyone been to Passion Island recently? We will be at Cozumel 3-26. We are looking for a quiet beach. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.[/quote

We were ther on Feb.19, it was a nice excursion.

The beach clean, the water great, restrooms attended to and clean.

The beverages flowing:eek: . The food plentiful and good. Lounge chairs. hammocks, games (volleyball, water balloon toss) And a few tents set up with vendors who did not hound you:)

It seems the Corona Beer films their commercials there.Would love to do it again.

What is there to do on Passion Island? Do they have kayaks, paddleboats, etc? I haven't figured out what to do in Cozumel! I was planning on doing the Tulum excursion through Carnival, but 7 hrs is a long time and they get back at 6, which is the time the ship is to leave:confused:

So what do I do ?

Passion Island....Lets see, I have been there 4 times.

It is my happy place!!!

The place I go when I've had a hard day and need to get away.

Enough of that, as for what to do on Passion Island...Nothing, relax, enjoy a few corona's, fish and the best guacamole you'll ever have.

Passion Island....Lets see, I have been there 4 times.

It is my happy place!!!

The place I go when I've had a hard day and need to get away.

Enough of that, as for what to do on Passion Island...Nothing, relax, enjoy a few corona's, fish and the best guacamole you'll ever have.

Please tell me more about Passion Island...how do you get there.....and ae there chairs and umbrellas...etc. What about snorkling? TIA

Can anyone tell me when the ferrys from passion island leave?

Does anyone know approximate time of return to Cozumel from Passion Island..? Will I have time to go to Passion Island and carlos and charlies if my shipleaves at 6p?

Also, how is the water? is it rocky and murky like they are saying Paradise beach is??

Thanks, DAwn

There are Lounge chairs, hammocks covered areas with tables, lots of good food, It is NOT a snorkel beach, there is no rocks, just a nice soft sandy bottom, the water is not murky. Its a lazy day beach and yes you will have enought time to go shopping or to Carlo's & Charles for a while afterwords.

Can anyone tell me when the ferrys from passion island leave?

Does anyone know approximate time of return to Cozumel from Passion Island..? Will I have time to go to Passion Island and carlos and charlies if my shipleaves at 6p?

Also, how is the water? is it rocky and murky like they are saying Paradise beach is??

Thanks, DAwn

We were on the Norwegian Dawn 2/12 sailing. We tendered into Cozumel walked a block or so , got on a nice air conditioned bus and drove about 15 minutes ?, to a boat that took us to Passion Island (Isla de Pasion) on the web. There was no leaving when you wanted to. You left at an assigned time.When the boat came back .I think maybe 4 hours later.

Hi..I sent an email inquiring about this to the Cozumel tourist dept...I got a very nice response, that stated that what damage there was has been repaired and that the Island was a beatiful as seen in theh Corona commericals! It also reminded me that I must book thru the cruise line (which I had done before even sending the email)..

Now, remember I said it was a 'Come to Cozumel'-type place that I emailed...so I didnt really expect to get a response of 'no, its totally distroyed, dont come and stay away';)

So we are going and will report back...We will be there 2 weeks from today!!!!:D :D

I really look forward to your review when you get back..

I am also wondering what time you get back to town... I'm hoping to visit Carlos and Charlies as well.

Have a great cruise and don't forget to post.. :)

Thanks,

Dawn

I read that there was significant damage back in November...

How is it now? anyone been there lately? Is it cleaned up?

Is it still a beautiful place to visit?

Was there in February, it was beautiful. It is also known as Isla de Pasion, would love to go back again :)

Chris, it is soo hard to find info online about Passion Island. Since you were there in February.. can you tell me more about it.. ?

What time did the ferry take you back to port?

Where there floating mats?

How was the food?

Was it rocky or a sandy bottom?

Any music?

Any details would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

nhrenee: You must book thru the Cruise line...from what I understand, the Island caters to cruise guests only...so this is probably why.

There are some vendors selling tshirts and trinkets, I gather also.

I booked thru RCI..(I dont know if all the lines are the same tho)

with RCI the excursion starts at 8 am and is listed as 5 hours long...(appx $70pp...includes open bar with coronas, rum punch, margaritas, mixed cocktails, bottled wather and sodas and a buffet)

The ride to Blind Cay is about 35-45 mins and the 'ferry' ride over is about 10-15min. This is what the RCI excursion site indicates..

There are no floaties or water sports ...it is just a beutiful beach...

Chris, it is soo hard to find info online about Passion Island. Since you were there in February.. can you tell me more about it.. ?

What time did the ferry take you back to port?

Where there floating mats?

How was the food?

Was it rocky or a sandy bottom?

Any music?

Any details would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

We were on the Norwegian Dawn. Tendered into port. Walked a block or so, got on an air conditioned bus 30 passengers? There was a guide who pointed out things and spoke about Cozy.About 15 minutes later, we got off the bus got on a small boat (about 30 passengers) AND OUR GUIDE.

No Music

No Floating mats.

Nice sandy beach. lounge chairs for all

Hammocks with some shade.

Clean ,well kept rest rooms

Water balloon games.

Massage and hair braiding tent.

Bought some silver jewelry and Corona shirts from the tents.

We were left there and given a time to meet at the pier.

There was a bar in the middle of the beach where you could drink yourself silly:eek: .

The food was in a thatched area. There was salsa and chips ,guacamole,

bbq chicken, fish, salad and fruit.Maybe more :confused: Did many beach breaks on many islands, I think rice and beans too.

The bus dropped us back at the pier. Had about an hour before we had to tender back to the ship.

We visit cozumel often, and back in August wanted to visit Passion Island, I had read on a discussion board that they had on office in town, and sure enough they did. It was off of Calle 11/Q Roo Ave, across from the hospital (I believe). They do primarily cater to the cruise lines, since that is what their schedules are based on. We paid $30 pp which included drinks and lunch (which was very good, I might add), but we had to have our own transportation, where as the cruise booked excursion takes you there by bus, hence the higher price. We already had a jeep. We booked it a day or so in advance and they gave us passes and told us to be there by a certain time, either 9 or 10am. I think we were the only non-cruise visitors. I suppose if your ship docks early enough you could get this all arranged with the office directly and maybe save a few bucks, but if you really, really wanted to go I wouldn't try it, unless you are willing to face the chance of not making it or have a back up plan.

nhrenee: You must book thru the Cruise line...from what I understand, the Island caters to cruise guests only...so this is probably why.

There are some vendors selling tshirts and trinkets, I gather also.

I booked thru RCI..(I dont know if all the lines are the same tho)

with RCI the excursion starts at 8 am and is listed as 5 hours long...(appx $70pp...includes open bar with coronas, rum punch, margaritas, mixed cocktails, bottled wather and sodas and a buffet)

The ride to Blind Cay is about 35-45 mins and the 'ferry' ride over is about 10-15min. This is what the RCI excursion site indicates..

There are no floaties or water sports ...it is just a beutiful beach...

Was on Norwegian, but shared the Island with Royal Carib and Carnival cruisers. It was a great day:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived