Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

The Legend is in Cozumel on Wednesdays, so for Kim's sailing it would be the 3rd.

Thanks! BTW...since cruisecal now charges, does anyone know if there is another website that shows what ships will be in port on a given day? I am wondering about the day we are there.

Kim, what day is the Legend going to be in Cozumel? The Glory will be there on Monday, June 1.

We arrive in Cozumel on Wed., June 4th at 10am (ship's time). There are supposed to be 3 ships in port that day (including ours). :)

We arrive in Cozumel on Wed., June 4th at 10am (ship's time). There are supposed to be 3 ships in port that day (including ours). :)

Kim, you're doing the twister ride, correct? PLEASE be sure to write a review here. My dh is interested in hearing about this...thanks

Kim, you're doing the twister ride, correct? PLEASE be sure to write a review here. My dh is interested in hearing about this...thanks

I'll be more than happy to write a review for you. Look for it around June 9th - 10th on this thread. :D

I'll be more than happy to write a review for you. Look for it around June 9th - 10th on this thread. :D

Okay, I'll meet you back on this thread; we can commiserate in our PCD together!

Hey that will be great, make sure to get lots of pictures.

Awwwww, you can't do the review from the ship? HaHa! :D (I'll be on the ship when you write your review.)

This is for the bus/boat tour. It doesn't include the Twister, but Carrie still has a better rate than the ship will offer...and her Twister Tour is AI (where the ship's isn't)! ;)

I keep seeing you state that the ship's tour isn't AI, but Carnival's web site clearly states the Twister includes lunch and open bar for $71. Maybe this is a new negotiation? I want to do this in the fall, but I don't have a group of 10.

Enjoy a complimentary Mayan lunch buffet and open bar during your stay at Isla Pasión.

I keep seeing you state that the ship's tour isn't AI, but Carnival's web site clearly states the Twister includes lunch and open bar for $71. Maybe this is a new negotiation? I want to do this in the fall, but I don't have a group of 10.

Enjoy a complimentary Mayan lunch buffet and open bar during your stay at Isla Pasión.

The tour-cozumel site may say that you need a group of 10, but that is no longer true. Go ahead and contact them. They're awesome!

Carnival has recently been in negotiations with the owners of the island and also updated their site as well. At the time that I booked this tour for my upcoming cruise, Carnival was charging $71pp and did not include the buffet or open bar...but that has just changed within the last few weeks and is now $73pp AI. (NOTE: The price of this tour through the ship may fluctuate seasonally or from ship to ship...I don't know)

I would still contact Carrie and see what she can offer. You don't have to have a large group to do this tour through them anymore. Carrie will do whatever she can to make sure that your needs are met, and the tour is a little more flexible through them (you can actually stay there longer than 5 hours if you want - depending upon the amount of time that your ship is in port.)

I will be there in 2 weeks and write a review for this tour when I return.

Have a wonderful cruise this fall!!! :D

We just returned from our cruise aboard the Conquest where we docked in Cozumel last Friday. We spent our day on Passion Island. Since we cruised Carnival, the beach excursion was not available through Carnival. The twister excursion is available through Carnival however. We saw the twister several times during our excursion and talked to a couple of gals on the excursion who said they had a great time. My review of the Island experience is set forth below:

First, we prebooked through the web page and paid a $15 deposit per person. We received a confirmation and were told to meet "across the street" from the pier and bring cash of $55 per person. Well, since it was our first time to the pier in Cozumel, I wasn't exactly clear where "across the street" was. So, after we stumbled around a bit, we found the location across the street like we were told. I can tell you to walk beyond all of the Carnival sponsored excursions which are closest to the pier and follow the sidewalks and escalators all the way to the other side of the street from the pier where you will see a person with a sign for Passion Island.

When we arrived, out of breath, thinking we might miss the bus to the island since we were a few minutes late from the time we were told to meet our person, we met a young lady who collected my cash and ushered us to a taxi. There is no group bus which is probably better since you don't have to wait for everyone to arrive. Our contact person for the Island did not give me any kind of receipt for payment which proved to make me a little nervous later in the day. In fact she told me on several occasions, I didn't need anything. So, we jumped in the taxi and off we went to the north side of the island. We traveled on well paved roads for the first five minutes or so, and then we encountered one of the worst roads I have ever seen. Evidently, the only way to access the island via car is through swamp land and the swamp land constantly erodes the road. The trip on the bumpy road with lots and lots of zigs and zags took about 10 or 15 minutes and we finally arrived at the dock. Our taxi driver had a five minute discussion in spanish which I don't speak with the guy who granted access to the dock and the whole time I was worrying that I had no receipt of any kind to show anybody that I had paid to enter the island. So, I suggest you get some kind of paid receipt which you should keep with you. Eventually, he let us in and were dropped at the dock and once there, a young dude in a little boat with an outborad motor pulled up and took a few of us over to the island. That probably took less than five minutes. So, I think we finally arrived at the island about 10:30 am after starting out at about 9:40

Once on the island, everything was great. The beach is fantasic. Much longer than Rum Point in the Caymans where we had been the day before. The water is green and clear. There is a great swimming area and an ares for paddle boats and canoes. The hammocks are great. There are many beach chairs and lots of trees and shade. The buffet opened around 11 am and was very good. The guac was excellent. The bar was open when we arrived. Beer, margaritas, rum punch, etc. are included in the price. My wife and I enjoyed several libations throughout the day. We spent all day enjoying the beach, food and drinks and did not venture out from the main area.

The place was practically deserted until a bus full of folks showed up around 11:30. They were from the other non-Carnival cruise line which ports in Cozumel on Fridays. These folks were only on the island until probably 2 or so. I heard from one of the folks that their bus ride was rather lengthy.

We had decided we would leave around 3 since our ship left port at 5. When we arrived back at the dock, we were pleased to see a taxi waiting for us. Our taxi driver from the morning told us he was not working in the afternoon but he would make arrangements for another driver to pick us up. True to his word, another driver was waiting for us. Again, this was good since I had no receipt and I was expecting to have to call for a taxi. We bumped our way back to the pier and arrived around 3:45 which gave us about an hour to shop.

So, to sum up; the beach is beautiful and the island experience is lots of fun. Just be patient and enjoy the trip to and from the island and try and nab some type of payment receipt in case anyone asks who and what you paid. Have fun!!

We just returned from our cruise aboard the Conquest where we docked in Cozumel last Friday. We spent our day on Passion Island. Since we cruised Carnival, the beach excursion was not available through Carnival. The twister excursion is available through Carnival however. We saw the twister several times during our excursion and talked to a couple of gals on the excursion who said they had a great time. My review of the Island experience is set forth below:

First, we prebooked through the web page and paid a $15 deposit per person. We received a confirmation and were told to meet "across the street" from the pier and bring cash of $55 per person. Well, since it was our first time to the pier in Cozumel, I wasn't exactly clear where "across the street" was. So, after we stumbled around a bit, we found the location across the street like we were told. I can tell you to walk beyond all of the Carnival sponsored excursions which are closest to the pier and follow the sidewalks and escalators all the way to the other side of the street from the pier where you will see a person with a sign for Passion Island.

When we arrived, out of breath, thinking we might miss the bus to the island since we were a few minutes late from the time we were told to meet our person, we met a young lady who collected my cash and ushered us to a taxi. There is no group bus which is probably better since you don't have to wait for everyone to arrive. Our contact person for the Island did not give me any kind of receipt for payment which proved to make me a little nervous later in the day. In fact she told me on several occasions, I didn't need anything. So, we jumped in the taxi and off we went to the north side of the island. We traveled on well paved roads for the first five minutes or so, and then we encountered one of the worst roads I have ever seen. Evidently, the only way to access the island via car is through swamp land and the swamp land constantly erodes the road. The trip on the bumpy road with lots and lots of zigs and zags took about 10 or 15 minutes and we finally arrived at the dock. Our taxi driver had a five minute discussion in spanish which I don't speak with the guy who granted access to the dock and the whole time I was worrying that I had no receipt of any kind to show anybody that I had paid to enter the island. So, I suggest you get some kind of paid receipt which you should keep with you. Eventually, he let us in and were dropped at the dock and once there, a young dude in a little boat with an outborad motor pulled up and took a few of us over to the island. That probably took less than five minutes. So, I think we finally arrived at the island about 10:30 am after starting out at about 9:40

Once on the island, everything was great. The beach is fantasic. Much longer than Rum Point in the Caymans where we had been the day before. The water is green and clear. There is a great swimming area and an ares for paddle boats and canoes. The hammocks are great. There are many beach chairs and lots of trees and shade. The buffet opened around 11 am and was very good. The guac was excellent. The bar was open when we arrived. Beer, margaritas, rum punch, etc. are included in the price. My wife and I enjoyed several libations throughout the day. We spent all day enjoying the beach, food and drinks and did not venture out from the main area.

The place was practically deserted until a bus full of folks showed up around 11:30. They were from the other non-Carnival cruise line which ports in Cozumel on Fridays. These folks were only on the island until probably 2 or so. I heard from one of the folks that their bus ride was rather lengthy.

We had decided we would leave around 3 since our ship left port at 5. When we arrived back at the dock, we were pleased to see a taxi waiting for us. Our taxi driver from the morning told us he was not working in the afternoon but he would make arrangements for another driver to pick us up. True to his word, another driver was waiting for us. Again, this was good since I had no receipt and I was expecting to have to call for a taxi. We bumped our way back to the pier and arrived around 3:45 which gave us about an hour to shop.

So, to sum up; the beach is beautiful and the island experience is lots of fun. Just be patient and enjoy the trip to and from the island and try and nab some type of payment receipt in case anyone asks who and what you paid. Have fun!!

Thank you so much for the review. I'm really looking forward to this excursion. I plan on printing out the receipt that I got via e-mail from Carrie. We already paid in full.

What I did not make clear as that I too printed out my receipt but the person "across the street" who ushers you to the taxi and island took my receipt which I had received from Carrie so I was left without one, so I suggest you take a second receipt with you that you keep at all times or get the island person to give you something to prove you paid if she takes your receipt.

What I did not make clear as that I too printed out my receipt but the person "across the street" who ushers you to the taxi and island took my receipt which I had received from Carrie so I was left without one, so I suggest you take a second receipt with you that you keep at all times or get the island person to give you something to prove you paid if she takes your receipt.

Thank you very much for your review of Passion Island. I think everyone on this board is anxious to get there and experience what the island has to offer. I'm so glad you told us all about the meeting place and how to get there!! I have also paid in full in advance and made a copy of my receipt, but have not made a 2nd copy (yet). Did anyone ever ask you for proof of payment after your initial receipt was given to the first girl?

We did passon Isle last yr through Carnival in May. Had the beach almost to our selves. found a couple of nice couch shells... lots of rum and food... If you have a chance this is a must see

leedm

Hey, thanks for the great review. It sounds like they've got everything down pat now. I agree about the bus; i wouldn't like having to sit and wait for it to fill up. I get impatient and want to start my day *NOW*, lol

I cant wait for you others to get back and post a review. Thinking seriously about giving it a try when we go back in October.

Hey, thanks for the great review. It sounds like they've got everything down pat now. I agree about the bus; i wouldn't like having to sit and wait for it to fill up. I get impatient and want to start my day *NOW*, lol

I cant wait for you others to get back and post a review. Thinking seriously about giving it a try when we go back in October.

also meant to comment on the guacamole. It was great, wasn't it? I have been craving it every since I ate it that day. I want that recipe. Hmmm...may have to email Carrie about that, lol

Archived