Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

I have questions about the hammocks. Are they plentiful? Like...no running for dear life to grab one?? Are they clustered together?? If not, about har far away from one another? Are they big enough for two? Or are they the skinny onesie type?

Hi, I can answer that for you. There a 8 hammocks, 2 groups of 4 but they are spaced far enough apart that their is not someone right on top of you. They are made for one. Plus, they are shaded and there is a nice breeze that blows through. It was a nice set up. No, you won't need to run for one. Looked like most people stayed in the loungers.

Hi, I can answer that for you. There a 8 hammocks, 2 groups of 4 but they are spaced far enough apart that their is not someone right on top of you. They are made for one. Plus, they are shaded and there is a nice breeze that blows through. It was a nice set up. No, you won't need to run for one. Looked like most people stayed in the loungers.

Great thanks for the reply.

I was hopeing (soon to be) hubby & I could both cuddle together in one ....

I'm still reading and watching (on Travel Channel) things about Cozumel as I try to decide exactly where our family of five should hang out on our port day. I was initially leaning toward Nachi Cocum, then Mr. Sanchos, and now Passion Island, but the drive there concerns me. Our youngest has gotten car sick before on twisty and bumpy roads - not pleasant :( - so I'm thinking this may be a bad idea. Anyone else on a recent excursion out to Passion Island that can tell me if the road is being repaired or is it still full of potholes.

I appreciate any additional information that you can pass on to me, although my DH informed me this morning, as we watched Samantha Brown (Travel Channel) at Chankanaab Park, that he wouldn't mind going back there to see the improvements that they have made since our January '07 visit, when they were suffering from much Hurricane Wilma damage.

I'm still reading and watching (on Travel Channel) things about Cozumel as I try to decide exactly where our family of five should hang out on our port day. I was initially leaning toward Nachi Cocum, then Mr. Sanchos, and now Passion Island, but the drive there concerns me. Our youngest has gotten car sick before on twisty and bumpy roads - not pleasant :( - so I'm thinking this may be a bad idea. Anyone else on a recent excursion out to Passion Island that can tell me if the road is being repaired or is it still full of potholes.

I appreciate any additional information that you can pass on to me, although my DH informed me this morning, as we watched Samantha Brown (Travel Channel) at Chankanaab Park, that he wouldn't mind going back there to see the improvements that they have made since our January '07 visit, when they were suffering from much Hurricane Wilma damage.

Carrie told me recently that there are people working on the road. And the best advice I could give you is to tell the driver to slow down if he's going too fast. That would help a lot.

How old are your kids? I know the day I was there, they were doing some games with them and had lots of activities. Personally, I like to take my kids someplace that's not crowded so that they are easier to keep up with as they run around. Now, when mine are older, I'm sure we'll hit the more crowded beaches that have a lot more action. It sounds like you want someplace quiet, too, so Passion or Nachi would fit that bill.

I like the idea of an all inclusive because you don't have to sit and worry about what you're spending. If you're hungry or thirsty, you just get what you want.

BTW...if you are going to book PI, I would do during the month of May while the special is going on.

FWIW.. Carrie's customer service is what sold me on going back. I feel at ease with what she tells me and know she will take care of things.

Whatever you decide on, I hope you have a great day!

Carrie told me recently that there are people working on the road. And the best advice I could give you is to tell the driver to slow down if he's going too fast. That would help a lot.

Don't I feel silly. It didn't even occur to me that we should be in our own cab and could ask the driver to go slower or less "bouncy," if possible. I will e-mail Carrie and ask her about the road condition and her recommendation.

How old are your kids? I know the day I was there, they were doing some games with them and had lots of activities. Personally, I like to take my kids someplace that's not crowded so that they are easier to keep up with as they run around. Now, when mine are older, I'm sure we'll hit the more crowded beaches that have a lot more action. It sounds like you want someplace quiet, too, so Passion or Nachi would fit that bill.

I like the idea of an all inclusive because you don't have to sit and worry about what you're spending. If you're hungry or thirsty, you just get what you want.

BTW...if you are going to book PI, I would do during the month of May while the special is going on.

FWIW.. Carrie's customer service is what sold me on going back. I feel at ease with what she tells me and know she will take care of things.

Whatever you decide on, I hope you have a great day!

Our kids will be 6, 7 and 14 at the time of our cruise. Our two younger ones like playing in the sand and splashing around on the edge of the water; the oldest one will just want to lay on a chair and read and/or listen to her iPod. I'm in complete agreement with you . . . we do not want the crowds. It is nice to be able to just sit back and relax and know that the kids can walk comfortably back and forth from the water to us and not have to worry about them going through a loud (and possibly drunk) crowd.

My DH and both our 6 and 14 year old will more than get their moneys worth out of an AI :cool:, so I don't mind the expense. And if this mom can get some peace and quiet, while everyone else is happy, then it is all worth it to me.

The PI special this month is what has sort of "pushed me" into thinking that it might be worth a try for us. Besides, our ship will be in Coz from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and it sounds like booking this through Carrie will allow us to spend the entire day at PI, which sound really nice.

Don't I feel silly. It didn't even occur to me that we should be in our own cab and could ask the driver to go slower or less "bouncy," if possible. I will e-mail Carrie and ask her about the road condition and her recommendation.

Our kids will be 6, 7 and 14 at the time of our cruise. Our two younger ones like playing in the sand and splashing around on the edge of the water; the oldest one will just want to lay on a chair and read and/or listen to her iPod. I'm in complete agreement with you . . . we do not want the crowds. It is nice to be able to just sit back and relax and know that the kids can walk comfortably back and forth from the water to us and not have to worry about them going through a loud (and possibly drunk) crowd.

My DH and both our 6 and 14 year old will more than get their moneys worth out of an AI :cool:, so I don't mind the expense. And if this mom can get some peace and quiet, while everyone else is happy, then it is all worth it to me.

The PI special this month is what has sort of "pushed me" into thinking that it might be worth a try for us. Besides, our ship will be in Coz from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and it sounds like booking this through Carrie will allow us to spend the entire day at PI, which sound really nice.

yes it's supposed to be an all day thing now, and leave when you are ready. Much better set up. let me know what you decide!

Could one of you please tell me how to get in touch with this Carrie? I read several pages back but didn't see it. I'm sorry if I am missing it! She sounds so nice and dependable I want to use her. I searched for Passion Island websites but didn't see one that mentioned a Carrie. Thanks so much! :)

Could one of you please tell me how to get in touch with this Carrie? I read several pages back but didn't see it. I'm sorry if I am missing it! She sounds so nice and dependable I want to use her. I searched for Passion Island websites but didn't see one that mentioned a Carrie. Thanks so much! :)

The email I used at the time was tourcozumel@hotmail.com

Gladly! You can email Carrie at tourcozumel@hotmail.com or through the website at tourcozumel(dot)net ... Tell her that Kim said "Hi"!!

Thank You! It looks beautiful, I can't wait to go! Do either of you recall how much massages are? Thought it would be nice as a suprise for my Mom...You all are great...I just posted a few minutes ago! :)

Gosh you may want to email her for exact prices, but the norm is $1 per minute.

Thank You! It looks beautiful, I can't wait to go! Do either of you recall how much massages are? Thought it would be nice as a suprise for my Mom...You all are great...I just posted a few minutes ago! :)

Obviously, everyone has different preferences, but I'm not sure I would surprise anyone with a massage, unless I was 100% certain that they were interested. I love indoors (a.k.a air-conditioned) massages, in a nice quiet and a bit dark room. However, the thought of a massage outside, in the humidity and the brightness of the sun does not appeal to me.

When our ship docked in Costa Maya last year (pre-hurricane, obviously), there were many people taking advantage of the beach massages and loving it, and my DH asked me a few times if I wanted to get one. It was a nice thought, but it just wasn't for me.

And as for Carrie, she is so quick to respond to e-mail questions that it is amazing. Like others have posted, her service may be the reason that we wind up booking a tour to Isla Pasion/Passion Island.

Obviously, everyone has different preferences, but I'm not sure I would surprise anyone with a massage, unless I was 100% certain that they were interested. I love indoors (a.k.a air-conditioned) massages, in a nice quiet and a bit dark room. However, the thought of a massage outside, in the humidity and the brightness of the sun does not appeal to me.

When our ship docked in Costa Maya last year (pre-hurricane, obviously), there were many people taking advantage of the beach massages and loving it, and my DH asked me a few times if I wanted to get one. It was a nice thought, but it just wasn't for me.

I'm with you...I'd rather have an indoor, air-conditioned, private massage! Maybe if I was 20 years younger (and 20lbs lighter) it would be a different story though. ;)

And as for Carrie, she is so quick to respond to e-mail questions that it is amazing. Like others have posted, her service may be the reason that we wind up booking a tour to Isla Pasion/Passion Island.

I agree with you 110%!! Carrie is what Customer Service should be!! Wouldn't it be wonderful if our companies & government agencies "state-side" had reps that were as great as she is? If the island is only half as good as she says it is...I know that we are going to love it! :D

Great review of PI, It does sound like everything is working out great. The taxi drivers will try their best to miss the potholes.. But I also thought I read somewhere that they were going to scrap the road(???) But it is worth it to get to Passion Island. The other choice would be to take the Twister Boat if everyone is old enough and money is not an issue. You can book all of this through Carrie.

I'm with you...I'd rather have an indoor, air-conditioned, private massage! Maybe if I was 20 years younger (and 20lbs lighter) it would be a different story though. ;)

I agree with you 110%!! Carrie is what Customer Service should be!! Wouldn't it be wonderful if our companies & government agencies "state-side" had reps that were as great as she is? If the island is only half as good as she says it is...I know that we are going to love it! :D

Kim you are so lucky only 3 days and you set sail!!!! Make sure to get lots of pictures and tell us about your day.

Kim you are so lucky only 3 days and you set sail!!!! Make sure to get lots of pictures and tell us about your day.

ken~

It will be my pleasure!! Look for my review sometime during the week of June 8-15...I'll be doing a review of our cruise onboard the Legend also, so it may take awhile, but I promise I'll get it done. :D

Hello Kim, I guess by now you may be gone or getting ready to go..Can't wait to read your review of Passion. Have lots of fun and take plenty of pics!!

Tina

Thanks Tina...

Doing lots of last minute odds & ends before leaving for Tampa tomorrow. We are driving and have plenty of time to make it...but I'm itchin' to go!!! :D

I'll post a review and some pics when I get back...pray for good weather for us! ;)

It's May 30th, and I finally decided to take the plunge and book PI for our family of five.

I have to admit that I am a bit nervous about it being rainy the day we are supposed to be on PI, or of one of the children being ill, so we stay on the ship, instead of going into Cozumel. But . . . I'm the worrier in the family, so it is just the normal "buyer's remorse" angst for me.

But based on this thread, I'm certain that I've made the right decision for us. We'll be there on July 8th, and I'll make sure to come back with a review.

It's May 30th, and I finally decided to take the plunge and book PI for our family of five.

I have to admit that I am a bit nervous about it being rainy the day we are supposed to be on PI, or of one of the children being ill, so we stay on the ship, instead of going into Cozumel. But . . . I'm the worrier in the family, so it is just the normal "buyer's remorse" angst for me.

But based on this thread, I'm certain that I've made the right decision for us. We'll be there on July 8th, and I'll make sure to come back with a review.

We're going to be there on June 11th. I'll post a review when we get back!

Thanks Tina...

Doing lots of last minute odds & ends before leaving for Tampa tomorrow. We are driving and have plenty of time to make it...but I'm itchin' to go!!! :D

I'll post a review and some pics when I get back...pray for good weather for us! ;)

I'm "itchin" to go, and I still have more than a week. :)

and some of you may have better things to do than answer my questions on CC, but . . .

I need a bit of guidance on paying for the Passion Island Beach Excursion VIP. First, I went to the tourcozumel site and put in that I needed to pay for 5 deposits. I went all the way through Paypal and entered my credit card and billing address info to pay $15 x 5. At the end, I didn't get any type of confirmation from the Paypal site. (I thought that was odd, but I also didn't get any type of confirmation number when I ordered off of target dot com the other day and I've already received that order.) Now, I get an e-mail from tourcozumel with a Paypal invoice attached for the full $60 per adult and $40 per child (May special rates), with no reference to the deposit that I think (?) I made. What is up with the deposit not showing?

Yes, I know that I can e-mail Carrie my concern, and I will, but I thought that if I posted this, others that are in my shoes (or beach sandals ;)) would benefit from knowing how this all works.

Thanks to all!

Archived