Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

I need a bit of guidance on paying for the Passion Island Beach Excursion VIP. First, I went to the tourcozumel site and put in that I needed to pay for 5 deposits. I went all the way through Paypal and entered my credit card and billing address info to pay $15 x 5. At the end, I didn't get any type of confirmation from the Paypal site. (I thought that was odd, but I also didn't get any type of confirmation number when I ordered off of target dot com the other day and I've already received that order.) Now, I get an e-mail from tourcozumel with a Paypal invoice attached for the full $60 per adult and $40 per child (May special rates), with no reference to the deposit that I think (?) I made. What is up with the deposit not showing?

Yes, I know that I can e-mail Carrie my concern, and I will, but I thought that if I posted this, others that are in my shoes (or beach sandals ;)) would benefit from knowing how this all works.

I've come back to explain what happened in our situation, in case someone else comes across a similar issue.

First of all, I do have a Paypal account, however, it is set up for the rare times that I sell/buy on eBay, and, since I have an actual business tax ID with the state of Mississippi, I didn't need to intermingle "business" with "pleasure." So, I didn't need to pay through my Paypal account. And there starts my problem, I think. When I went in to pay the deposits, I kept getting messages from Paypal about the fact that I already had an account with them and trying to default my e-mail address to the one that is on my Paypal account. I tried to ignore the way that the Paypal system kept insisting that I pay, and entered my own credit card and billing information. At the end, fully expecting some sort of confirmation form Paypal, I got another "you have a Paypal account" message and a link that directed me back the provider (?) - Tour Cozumel. I went through the link that took me back the initial invoice form Tour Cozumel, but never got a confirmation that I had paid the deposits. I checked with my credit card company both on Friday evening and on Saturday morning, and the transaction wasn't posted. And Carrie confirmed that she had not received any notification from Paypal that I had paid.

This morning (Saturday), Carrie had already sent me a "good morning" e-mail about ten minutes before I was on-line (i.e. 6:30 a.m.), and advised that she still had not gotten any confirmation from Paypal that the deposits had gone through. I went ahead and paid from the new invoice, and I did not have a problem. I paid with my credit card again and, finally, saw that confirmation at the end that the charge had gone through, although I still got a box advising that I have a Paypal account and that I should have paid that way. Almost immediately, Carrie confirmed that she had gotten the notice from Paypal and she sent me Tour Cozumel's confirmation statement advising meeting time, place and date, as well as a contact number and name, should we need it.

Yeah!!!! I'm so excited!! It looks like we'll be heading to PI in shortly over a month.

We are on the Twister tour booked thru their website on Jun 28. I am sooooooooooo excited. If you are worried about motion sickness I'd suggest picking up seabands for all that need them. I have a pair and I will be wearing them. To be on the safe side I will also take some bonine before I go.

I get car sick very easily so I don't want anything to ruin this trip. I know this excursion wasn't available thru Carnival when I booked last month. But even if it is now I would definitely recommend going directly thru the tourcoz. website.

It was so easy to book and the communication/customer service was top notch.

I've come back to explain what happened in our situation, in case someone else comes across a similar issue.

First of all, I do have a Paypal account, however, it is set up for the rare times that I sell/buy on eBay, and, since I have an actual business tax ID with the state of Mississippi, I didn't need to intermingle "business" with "pleasure." So, I didn't need to pay through my Paypal account. And there starts my problem, I think. When I went in to pay the deposits, I kept getting messages from Paypal about the fact that I already had an account with them and trying to default my e-mail address to the one that is on my Paypal account. I tried to ignore the way that the Paypal system kept insisting that I pay, and entered my own credit card and billing information. At the end, fully expecting some sort of confirmation form Paypal, I got another "you have a Paypal account" message and a link that directed me back the provider (?) - Tour Cozumel. I went through the link that took me back the initial invoice form Tour Cozumel, but never got a confirmation that I had paid the deposits. I checked with my credit card company both on Friday evening and on Saturday morning, and the transaction wasn't posted. And Carrie confirmed that she had not received any notification from Paypal that I had paid.

This morning (Saturday), Carrie had already sent me a "good morning" e-mail about ten minutes before I was on-line (i.e. 6:30 a.m.), and advised that she still had not gotten any confirmation from Paypal that the deposits had gone through. I went ahead and paid from the new invoice, and I did not have a problem. I paid with my credit card again and, finally, saw that confirmation at the end that the charge had gone through, although I still got a box advising that I have a Paypal account and that I should have paid that way. Almost immediately, Carrie confirmed that she had gotten the notice from Paypal and she sent me Tour Cozumel's confirmation statement advising meeting time, place and date, as well as a contact number and name, should we need it.

Yeah!!!! I'm so excited!! It looks like we'll be heading to PI in shortly over a month.

I had a similar problem with the PayPal thing. I don't have an account. It was a huge pain, but Carrie and I emailed back and forth all day and finally figured it out. It was my fault not Carrie's. She was sooooo patient and never got upset with me. She even had to call me at one point. I had to send an email to the person in charge and tell them what a great employee they had on staff. I wish more companies had great customer service like Tour Cozumel.

I had a similar problem with the PayPal thing. I don't have an account. It was a huge pain, but Carrie and I emailed back and forth all day and finally figured it out. It was my fault not Carrie's. She was sooooo patient and never got upset with me. She even had to call me at one point. I had to send an email to the person in charge and tell them what a great employee they had on staff. I wish more companies had great customer service like Tour Cozumel.

I had the same issue, but as you said it was due to my pay-pal account.

We are on the Twister tour booked thru their website on Jun 28. I am sooooooooooo excited. If you are worried about motion sickness I'd suggest picking up seabands for all that need them. I have a pair and I will be wearing them. To be on the safe side I will also take some bonine before I go.

I get car sick very easily so I don't want anything to ruin this trip. I know this excursion wasn't available thru Carnival when I booked last month. But even if it is now I would definitely recommend going directly thru the tourcoz. website.

It was so easy to book and the communication/customer service was top notch.

I'm really interested in seeing how long you get to stay on the island booking thru the website and going on Twister. Please let us know when you get back and have a great time.

I'm really interested in seeing how long you get to stay on the island booking thru the website and going on Twister. Please let us know when you get back and have a great time.

we have this excursion booked for next week, and I believe Carrie said that the excursion is 5 to 5.5 hours long, with the twister ride taking 20 minutes each way. I could be wrong, but those are the approximate times :) if you have any questions, you really should email Carrie at tourcozumel (at) hotmail (dot) com. She is SO helpful and always fast to reply!

I am also very interested in this excursion thru Carrie. Do they only accept PayPal-I do not have a PayPal acct, they won't take a credit card if I talk to them directly? Wondering how long does it take to get to the island-Twister vs taking a catamaran. How long is your stay on the island? Food & drink pretty good? Any and all info is greatly appreciated! We're not going until Feb. 09, but I like to get things done early.

Thanks ahead of time for your advice!

What is the best way to contact Carrie? I have the web address for her website, but there's no contact info.

Thank you!

check three posts before this one for info :)

I think she only accepts payment through paypal, but that is something you can follow up on with her. it's easy to set up though!

I am also very interested in this excursion thru Carrie. Do they only accept PayPal-I do not have a PayPal acct, they won't take a credit card if I talk to them directly? Wondering how long does it take to get to the island-Twister vs taking a catamaran. How long is your stay on the island? Food & drink pretty good? Any and all info is greatly appreciated! We're not going until Feb. 09, but I like to get things done early.

Having a paypal account is free. I didn't have one until I paid for this excursion. It's very easy to set up.

I don't have a Paypal account and I was able to book through Carrie via email. You fill out a form that looks like you are going to use Paypal and then click on a place that says something like If you do not have a Paypal account. It worked for me. Carrie sent me an email soon after that said she received my payment and a confirmation letter to take when we get off the ship. Hope this helps.

Thank you, I hope I can pay that well as well! I've sent Carrie an email loaded with questions, hope to hear back from her in the near future. But I'm anxious to read all reviews from the folks going out with her shortly!

Thank you, I hope I can pay that well as well! I've sent Carrie an email loaded with questions, hope to hear back from her in the near future. But I'm anxious to read all reviews from the folks going out with her shortly!

You may want to check your junk mail as my first response ended up in that.

mine also ended up in junk... I can't wait to hear some more reviews as they get back, should have a couple this time next week.. CarribbeanKim should be going any day now... I think she is taking the Twister to the island, so should be able to answer that question when she returns.

Also heard that now you can stay on the island longer if you wish, That would be great!!

Tina

mine also ended up in junk... I can't wait to hear some more reviews as they get back, should have a couple this time next week.. CarribbeanKim should be going any day now... I think she is taking the Twister to the island, so should be able to answer that question when she returns.

Also heard that now you can stay on the island longer if you wish, That would be great!!

Tina

Kim should be there tomorrow. I'd love to see her review before I go, but I'll be boarding the ship when she gets off. I'll make sure to post a review when I get back.

BTW, Carrie's awesome with returning e-mails. I often get a response within minutes! She also sent someone from my roll call some great pictures. She forwarded them to me. (I'm going to have to learn how to post pictures.)

Kim should be there tomorrow. I'd love to see her review before I go, but I'll be boarding the ship when she gets off. I'll make sure to post a review when I get back.

BTW, Carrie's awesome with returning e-mails. I often get a response within minutes! She also sent someone from my roll call some great pictures. She forwarded them to me. (I'm going to have to learn how to post pictures.)

Actually if she is on the legend she will be there today:D Lucky Girl.

Can you go to island say on Twister and still get back to Coz in time to go to Coconut's for a drink and the view?

That would depend on how long your ship is in port, the normal tour as she says is 5-5.5 hours. twister returns you to dock near town so say 2 hrs round trip to coconuts including your drink and view time your ok.

Can't wait for all these folks to get back and give us a review!! Come to find out the Glory got an extra day in Cozumel(due to flooding in Belize) and my closest friend got to go to Passion Island today... Can not wait till she gets back and tells us all about it.. This is her second trip there (our first back in April), so I am sure she will have alot to say!!

Tina

When you book the twister boat to pasion island do you have to have a full group of ten? Or will they combine smaller groups?

From what I understand you can do 1 thru 20 now so there is no minimum.

Archived