Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

Ok, I have a couple of questions about Passion Island. We've never been to Cozumel but I have heard so many great things about Passion Island that we are very seriously thinking of booking an excursion there in Dec. We like the idea of playing it safe and booking through the ship (Navigator) but I've been reading several posts about booking it outside the ship and how great they are so we aren't sure what to do.

Here are my questions:

[*]Is this Carrie (from tour cozumel dot net) the same person at the beginning of this thread as Caroline (AKA "lolita" in this thread) that worked Passion Island before the hurricane? (I read this entire thread because we are that serious about booking a trip to PI)

I cannot tell you whether she worked there before the hurricane or not, but all of her emails are signed Carrie Jordan. I CAN tell you that she is absolutely fantastic to work with though! I don't believe I have ever dealt with anyone as dedicated and professional as Carrie, and I recommend her highly.

[*]Has anyone done this trip through Royal Caribbean? (it is listed as the Passion Island Escape) Almost everyone in this thread seems to be from a Carnival ship. If so, I would like to hear your recent experiences riding the bus to the ferry (that takes you to PI) and if the amout of time on the island is sufficient.

Unfortunately, I too was on Carnival - so I can't tell you much about RCL. Carrie works for a tour company (tourcozumel) which represents the owners of the island. I believe they have contracts with several cruiselines to provide tours to the island, but they also provide the same tours themselves for less money (because they aren't having to give the cruiselines a share). Carrie's tours also include the Mexican Buffet and an open bar, whereas Carnival's excursion didn't.

As Carrie explained it to me...The Twister Tour will give you the most time on the island itself, as it takes less travel time out of the tour. The bus & ferry tour takes a little longer to get you there and back, so it gives you about 3.5 hours of island time...and the jeep tour takes the longest travel time, leaving you with about 3 hours on the island.

[*]Is the Royal Caribbean Passion Island Escape excursion run by tour cozumel dot net? RC's site has the same pictures in it's description of this excursion as the tour cozumel dot net site. I just wonder if it would easier to book it through tour cozumel dot net and stay as long as we want (instead of the mandatory 5 hours for this excursion through RC).

Personally, I would go with Carrie. You get more for your money and it's all-inclusive!! Carrie told me that we could leave whenever we wanted to...provided our ship was in port long enough. Booking through her is very easy - all you have to do is pay a $15 deposit pp and the balance is due upon arrival in port (but I went ahead and paid in full in advance).

[*]We want to take in some shopping while we're in Cozumel, if we book through tour cozumel dot net or Royal Caribbean will there be enough time before or after to hit up some of the shopping downtown or near the dock?

That will be easy. Our instructions were to meet our Guide across from the port at 9:30 and we got into port at 8am. (Remember that there is an hour time difference too.) We had about 2 hours to shop before boarding the Twister, but decided to have some sodas at the HardRock Cafe and "people-watch" instead. When we got back from the island, we still had some time for shopping, but since we've been there before...decided to go back to the ship.

Any help that any of you can give would be much appreciated....Thanks in advance!

Let me know if you have any more questions, I'll be happy to try to help. You can write to Carrie at tourcozumel(at)hotmail(dot)com also. She's the BEST, and I know you'll be glad you did. Tell her Kim said Hola!

Hi, I second what Kim had to say. I have been on the island when the RCCL group was there. ( I wasn't booked through them; I was on Carnival) They do ride to the pier in a nice bus but personally I was thinking about how long it probably took to get that bus loaded and to drive there) Then the cruisers ride in a boat over. The waters are shallow and the boat is a good size, so it has to go *VERY* slow.

So for me, the easy decision would be to book w/Carrie. Either do the Twister, which is your fastest route, or do the taxi/boat combo to get to the island. The taxi ride isn't that long and you are taken over in a small boat that doesn't have to poke all the way over. It goes quickly. Either way, its much faster than RCCL.

I guess I'm sold on Carrie as she has really set things in motion and made so many positive changes as to how things are done. Her customer service is top notch and she also follows up to make sure you were happy with your day. RCCL can't do that!

Hey there, I have to give my 2 cents worth on Carrie and her service... It is AWESOME!! If ever you have any questions or concerns she is right on top of it.!! And getting to spend more time on the island is a BIG plus. You will not want to leave, it is BEAUTIFUL! And all the yummy food on the buffet, and not to mention the open bar.

Hope you have a blast on your cruise!

Tina

CarribbeanKim, letsgocruz1, CarribbeanTina271,

I am sure Carrie is as good as everyone on this thread says she is but can you answer some questions for me regarding tourcozumel's tour to Passion Island?

Can you give me a timeline of the following: (if you don't know times, can you give me amount of time each task/event took)

• when did your ship dock at port?
  • what time did you meet the tourcozumel rep that morning to start your trip to passion island?
  • what time did you arrive at the island?
  • how long did you have on the island itself?
  • what time did you leave the island?
  • did you go shopping and if so how much time did you have to do so
  • what time did you have to be back on your ship

I am trying to get a sense of how long this trip took and if you had ample time to do what you wanted. We have never been to Mexico/Cozumel before and we want time to explore the town if possible. Don't get us wrong, we are huge beach addicts but we want time to do other things if we can.

Thanks in advance!

CarribbeanKim, letsgocruz1, CarribbeanTina271,

I am sure Carrie is as good as everyone on this thread says she is but can you answer some questions for me regarding tourcozumel's tour to Passion Island?

Can you give me a timeline of the following: (if you don't know times, can you give me amount of time each task/event took)

• when did your ship dock at port?
  • what time did you meet the tourcozumel rep that morning to start your trip to passion island?
  • what time did you arrive at the island?
  • how long did you have on the island itself?
  • what time did you leave the island?
  • did you go shopping and if so how much time did you have to do so
  • what time did you have to be back on your ship

I am trying to get a sense of how long this trip took and if you had ample time to do what you wanted. We have never been to Mexico/Cozumel before and we want time to explore the town if possible. Don't get us wrong, we are huge beach addicts but we want time to do other things if we can.

Thanks in advance!

I'll try to help you as much as I can. The tour is based around your ships schedule. If you are early or late, they know it and adjust accordingly.

We took the Beach Adventure (taxi/boat) excursion. Our ship docked around 9am and of course it takes a bit before anyone can get off. We were off around 10:05 am and walked over to the meeting place and were put in a taxi almost immediately.

We arrived on the island around 10:30ish and stayed on the island about 4 hrs (I think...you know, I never really looked at the clock; I was too relaxed, lol). We could have stayed longer had we wanted, but the kids were tired. 4 hrs at the beach was plenty long enough for them. So we left around 2:30 I would guess. I'm thinking we had to be back on board at 5:30. So that left PLENTY of time for shopping. We didnt shop long, however, because we were hot from walking around and wanted to get back on board to cool off.

If you email Carrie with what day you are going to be in Coz, and the time you will arrive/depart, she can let you know for sure just how much time you'd have.

She says normal time for the excursion is 5 to 5.5 hrs

Has anybody taken the kayak tour on the island - what did you think?

If you take the twister how late do you stay on the island?

How late can you stay if you don't take the twister?

Thanks!

Hi, I haven't seen anyone mention the kayak tour, but I did see a few people in kayaks out in the water. Sorry I don't have any info on it.

I think the normal time for the excursion is 5 to 5.5 hrs. So obviously if you take the twister you will get more time on the island as its much faster. However, I think if you book w/Carrie they can sometimes adjust that. Really I think you should email her and ask and get some definite answers. And please let us know what she says. Thanks :)

Shush up; that's just not fair! :)

Ok, our day started out with meeting at the pier mall, we paid our balance and introduced to our guide for the day. We then drove north to the pier were we got in a small boat and in 5 minutes were on the island where we we told about the facilities and activities that were going on. We walked up the beach and found a nice quiet spot to just relax and enjoy our day. We stayed as long as we wanted and our guide reminded us when they were making calls for other guests to leave that we were on a private tour so relax and enjoy. All in all the food was great drinks were good and Strong. Beach was very clean as were the restrooms. Its a very good excursion for the price we paid.

Ok, our day started out with meeting at the pier mall, we paid our balance and introduced to our guide for the day. We then drove north to the pier were we got in a small boat and in 5 minutes were on the island where we we told about the facilities and activities that were going on. We walked up the beach and found a nice quiet spot to just relax and enjoy our day. We stayed as long as we wanted and our guide reminded us when they were making calls for other guests to leave that we were on a private tour so relax and enjoy. All in all the food was great drinks were good and Strong. Beach was very clean as were the restrooms. Its a very good excursion for the price we paid.

Hi Ken, that's great that you had such a good time. Carrie asked me to follow up w/her about our day, so don't forget to do that.

lol about the bathroom comment. I am so picky and if they pass my test, they are CLEAN. It nice to see others think about that stuff too.

I seen on the snorkel thread that you did the tour with tourcozumel as well (i assume this was a different day). Give us some details. How great was it? What did you see? I may try it out in Oct *IF* I get the nerve up. I've never snorkeled so it will be a new experience for me.

Hi Ken, that's great that you had such a good time. Carrie asked me to follow up w/her about our day, so don't forget to do that.

lol about the bathroom comment. I am so picky and if they pass my test, they are CLEAN. It nice to see others think about that stuff too.

I seen on the snorkel thread that you did the tour with tourcozumel as well (i assume this was a different day). Give us some details. How great was it? What did you see? I may try it out in Oct *IF* I get the nerve up. I've never snorkeled so it will be a new experience for me.

Yeah I take notice of the bathrooms, or she did anywho.. Yes the snorkel tour was a different day. Land vacations are really nice as you get to see and do alot.

HI Ken, glad to hear you had fun!! Can't wait to get back there myself and will for sure book again through Carrie(amazing lady and Cust. service).

I too would like to hear more about the snorkleing... I love to snorkle but only done little bit at Paradise... Thanks in advance for all your info.

Tina

I emailed Carrie about going back when we cruise in October, and she sent me email this morning.

They are having a sale, just this weekend, it ends Sunday night. Beach adventure VIP tour is only $55 for adults and $35 for kids. Has to be paid in full at time of booking, and new bookings only.

That's the cheapest I've ever heard of this tour going for!

Anyhoo...just thought i'd let you know in case anyone is interested.

I emailed Carrie about going back when we cruise in October, and she sent me email this morning.

They are having a sale, just this weekend, it ends Sunday night. Beach adventure VIP tour is only $55 for adults and $35 for kids. Has to be paid in full at time of booking, and new bookings only.

That's the cheapest I've ever heard of this tour going for!

Anyhoo...just thought i'd let you know in case anyone is interested.

I was too impatient and booked it back when she was having the May sale. Darn!! I could have used the extra savings for the five of us. Oh, well, at least I know there will be space for us, and I'm not freaking out because it is all booked up on the day we need it.

I was too impatient and booked it back when she was having the May sale. Darn!! I could have used the extra savings for the five of us. Oh, well, at least I know there will be space for us, and I'm not freaking out because it is all booked up on the day we need it.

That's very true! At least you've got your spot reserved. I was surprised to see this sale. What a good deal.

Yeah I kick myself in the butt when I go to the store one day, get what I need and week or so later its on sale.

I read in another thread that Carrie can no longer offer the Twister excursion for Carnival cruise guests. I emailed her to see if this was true or just a nasty rumor, and sadly, it is. Carnival was threatened by what an awesome deal tourcozumel was offering so they basically told the twister company, either us or them. So Carrie cannot (presently) offer the Twister excursion to Passion Island anymore =(

This makes me so sad! we are in the process of booking a cruise for January of 2009 and one of the ports is Cozumel. We will be traveling with up to 20 people and I was really looking forward to booking them on this excursion. But I refuse to give Carnival anymore of my money, and I won't support the monopoly they have. We'll just book another one of tourcozumel's excursions to Passion Island, and hopefully Carnival won't try to dominate those as well.

I read in another thread that Carrie can no longer offer the Twister excursion for Carnival cruise guests. I emailed her to see if this was true or just a nasty rumor' date=' and sadly, it is. Carnival was threatened by what an awesome deal tourcozumel was offering so they basically told the twister company, either us or them. So Carrie cannot (presently) offer the Twister excursion to Passion Island anymore =(

This makes me so sad! we are in the process of booking a cruise for January of 2009 and one of the ports is Cozumel. We will be traveling with up to 20 people and I was really looking forward to booking them on this excursion. But I refuse to give Carnival anymore of my money, and I won't support the monopoly they have. We'll just book another one of tourcozumel's excursions to Passion Island, and hopefully Carnival won't try to dominate those as well.[/quote']

It is an absolute shame that Carnival has to monopolize everything! I'm pretty sure that only a small fraction of cruisers look elsewhere for their excursions. Why can't they just be happy with the money they are already making?

I read in another thread that Carrie can no longer offer the Twister excursion for Carnival cruise guests. I emailed her to see if this was true or just a nasty rumor' date=' and sadly, it is. Carnival was threatened by what an awesome deal tourcozumel was offering so they basically told the twister company, either us or them. So Carrie cannot (presently) offer the Twister excursion to Passion Island anymore =(

This makes me so sad! we are in the process of booking a cruise for January of 2009 and one of the ports is Cozumel. We will be traveling with up to 20 people and I was really looking forward to booking them on this excursion. But I refuse to give Carnival anymore of my money, and I won't support the monopoly they have. We'll just book another one of tourcozumel's excursions to Passion Island, and hopefully Carnival won't try to dominate those as well.[/quote']

WOW! This really saddens me on so-o-o many levels! Evidently, Carnival has realized that their guests can get a better deal booking independently and feels the pressure. What better way to fight back is there than to wipe out the competition. Hopefully, Carnival will soon realize that we have brains too - and we know what they are up to. I think I pay enough for the cruise experience as it is, and shouldn't be obligated to purchasing the excursions that my family wants solely through the cruise line too! I am also hoping that in time, Carnival will realize that their customer's satisfaction is their ultimate goal, and they are getting in the way of us achieving that goal.

Sounds like we all need to start writing letters to Carnival........

Can someone give me the website and/or email so that I can contact Carrie regarding tours in Cozumel? I can't seem to find it and have read all your great reviews on her job well done! Thank you so much! Look forward to receiving the information.

Can someone give me the website and/or email so that I can contact Carrie regarding tours in Cozumel? I can't seem to find it and have read all your great reviews on her job well done! Thank you so much! Look forward to receiving the information.

sure, you can reach Carrie thru email at tourcozumel@ hotmail (dot) com

or via the website. www(dot)tourcozumel(dot) net

Archived