Thanksgiving Sale

Have any of you purchased a cruise on this "after Thanksgiving sale"? I was just wondering if it is really worth checking the computer on Thanksgiving.

Any suggestions or comments?

I am the type of person that when I see the word "SALE", it is like a magnet. I would look at that site no matter what day it was. You could miss out on some great price drops if you don't. ;)

JMO

My cruise is listed, however, the advertisement says "New Bookings Only" Does this mean I am not eligible for a price adjustment since I have made final payments?

Yep, in this case, it's new bookings only, so no price adjustments for those already booked. :(

While I have had positive interactions with this agency, we're not allowed to say much more per the CC board rules.

I did save an extra $60 this morning on my short January cruise as the senior rates went down, The military rates for my other two cabins has not dropped.

I am confused how only one TA can offer a special RCCL rate when they are not allowed to discount this cruise line?

This is on the front page of RCCL's website:

home_tday_lg_hdr.gifThis weekend only, get special deals to tropical islands. Call a Royal Caribbean Certified Vacation Planner Thursday through Sunday or locate an agent now!

I'd rather be able to see details online first.... :( ...before calling (and probably waiting on hold....)

This is on the front page of RCCL's website:

home_tday_lg_hdr.gifThis weekend only, get special deals to tropical islands. Call a Royal Caribbean Certified Vacation Planner Thursday through Sunday or locate an agent now!

I'd rather be able to see details online first.... :( ...before calling (and probably waiting on hold....)

When I've called Royal Caribbean, I've waited on hold about 15 seconds. And that is true even AFTER I booked! I called to get a price adjustment when the rates dropped $80pp, and was off the phone with the refund in about a minute flat. I think you could call them and not get pressured to purchase. Plus you can place a no money hold for 24 ours to think about it.

advertising Thanksgiving cruises for $48 (starting price) but don't state what ships going where. Sounds like you have to sail this Thanksgiving or weekend.

Miketbone posted the link http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/HappyHour_rci_tues.pdf

I did call before I read this and inquired about a certain ship on a certain date and she gave me the same dates that are on that list. They are Dec and Jan dates on many ships.

Still... I think it will be a longer hold since this is being advertised as a call-in only thing. Not sure if I want to take time away from family tomorrow to call in and check if there might possibly be something I would like.

If somebody from here wants to post what they find out, then that would be good too.

My cruise is listed, however, the advertisement says "New Bookings Only" Does this mean I am not eligible for a price adjustment since I have made final payments?

It sure wouldn't hurt to call and ask at least...just dont get your hopes up. I have heard of others receiving it even though it says new bookings only.

Good luck !

Archived